The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No one doing this exam?
Yeah I'm doing them both. In quite a good position as I got 252/300 last year and 119/120 for the coursework and only need a C for uni. Fortunately as I don't think I'll do great on this exam. Obviously looking for as many marks as possible though.
Reply 3
im doing it too. im doing 2511 is that it

anyone know what i need to get in this exam to get a B.

i got 239/300 :mad: in As 1 mark less than an A

i got 108/120 for c/w and 55 in the Jan module

so what do i need to get in this exam?
Reply 4
hey i got the exam too this tues

last year i did awful gettin 145/300 but this year i boosted that up with an A in my project, however i still need to do really good in both exams in order to get an overall respectable grade. but i really dont think i will cus some stuff in these units i find really hard to digest. any1 got any advice?

cheers
Reply 5
i'm doing 2515 and 2517 as well :frown:
Reply 6
I'm not doing this exam as I'm at uni now but i was this time last year. Good luck people!
Reply 7
Im doing 2515 and 2517 as well!! LOL i dunno why I even bothered resitting 2515. Did it in Jan and got 1 mrk below a B!!! :mad:

But now due to an excellent A2 project (got 112/120 raw marks) and i got 275/300 for IT last year, all I need is 24 marks!!! :eek: :biggrin: in the 2516 synoptic to get A. Soooooo... im not gona bother revising for it (mayb onli nite b4) as i got harder maths exams to do in the next few days and Im am no where near as confident in getting an A in that as IT. As im doing a resit as well, I think I'm just gona go into the exam with all the knowledge that I can remember.

But I agree, I hate 2516 and find it really hard to digest the stuff. its too businessy 4 my liking. Part of the reason why im not revising it.

andyj72: you need 78 in this exam to get an A. You need 480/600 to get A and you are on 402 atm with the marks that you have got.
Reply 8
I need a B, i SHOULD have around 430/600 already, after re doing my AS coursework. I just put my name down for 2515 and 2517 incase the coursework mark changes drastically
Reply 9
Steve8052
Im doing 2515 and 2517 as well!! LOL i dunno why I even bothered resitting 2515. Did it in Jan and got 1 mrk below a B!!! :mad:

But now due to an excellent A2 project (got 112/120 raw marks) and i got 275/300 for IT last year, all I need is 24 marks!!! :eek: :biggrin: in the 2516 synoptic to get A. Soooooo... im not gona bother revising for it (mayb onli nite b4) as i got harder maths exams to do in the next few days and Im am no where near as confident in getting an A in that as IT. As im doing a resit as well, I think I'm just gona go into the exam with all the knowledge that I can remember.

But I agree, I hate 2516 and find it really hard to digest the stuff. its too businessy 4 my liking. Part of the reason why im not revising it.

andyj72: you need 78 in this exam to get an A. You need 480/600 to get A and you are on 402 atm with the marks that you have got.

thanx.

its ok for some, legs up 2nite then. i only need about 18 marks to get a B, which is what im aiming for uni. cnt be bothered to get an A. hehe

so it looks like legs up for me 2. might play a bit of UT 2k4 before M2ing :biggrin:

change of mind, i might go for the A, its only 78 marks :cool:
Reply 10
Yeah 2515 and 7 tmoro. 2515 is a piece of p***, all common sense, its the 2517, stuff like the HCI and Human Model Processor that no1s ever heard of.

the OCR questions aren't the best tho, a bit bland and flowery. You could write half the syllabus out for some of them
Reply 11
Asura
Yeah 2515 and 7 tmoro. 2515 is a piece of p***, all common sense, its the 2517, stuff like the HCI and Human Model Processor that no1s ever heard of.

the OCR questions aren't the best tho, a bit bland and flowery. You could write half the syllabus out for some of them

2515 is easy, yeh, i got a high b for it when i done it in january. 2517 is too wordy. human model processor is easy, its just a processor that works like our brain, perceive, think, motor (do something), memory (save it).

HCI stuff, theres lots of it so just revise it, its not hard though.
Reply 12
does anybody have any markschemes for 2517?

btw i dont know how that gay 'love all hate none' signature got there, i didnt put it there. does TSR do it automatically??
Reply 13
i find the questions are usually pretty ambiguous, so i never know exactly what answer they're looking for. This is the only reason i'm not getting As..
Reply 14
ksncl:

you have to BS a LOT. dont estrict your writing,m write anything and everything you can think of. sometimes the markschemes are very obscure, theyll give marks for definitions and stuff in questions that begin 'Explain' or 'Describe'.
Reply 15
was anybody else surprised to see a 'spooling' question come up?
Reply 16
WHOO there over!

How did you find it? There were a few questions that surprised me, the marks for 2515 for example, when the last question was worth LESS than the question before that. I also found that I could write alot more on the "On-line" Banking question than the silly Government Student Wages question.

Oh well its over! Only two exams left!
Reply 17
What was up with the questions about voice recognition on 2517?? I lost a lot of marks there for the stuff I didn't waffle about... And this weird 'student' who made a business then sold and bought a GPS writst-watch. Insane... These exam question writers have great imaginations! :wink:

Looks like most other people here are doing AQA though... Hrm.

Latest

Trending

Trending