The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey i'm studying l'avare. i have a few questions.....
1. Décrivez Seigneur Anselme. Peut-on dire qu'il ressemble à Harpagon? Justifiez votre réponse.
2. Comment Valère et Cléante réagissent-ils devant l'avarice d'Harpagon? A votre avis, les deux jeunes hommes ont-ils des points en commun?
3. Identifiez et décrivez les malentendus et les duperies dans cette pièce. A votre avis, pourquoi Molière les a-t-il inclus?
4. Quel est le lien entre l'argent et les relations amoureuses dans cette pièce? Etant donné ce lien, à votre avis la fin de la pièce est-elle optimiste?
5. Pourquoi Harpagon accuse-t-il Cléante de manquer de respect envers lui? Jusqu'à quel point le comportement de Cléante est-il justifié?
6. Donnez des exemples des différentes sortes de comédie qu'on trouve dans L'Avare. Molière réussit-il à faire rire les spectateurs tout au long de la pièce? Justifiez votre réponse.

hope this helps a bit.
good luck!
:tongue:
Reply 2
Thank you very much, those questions will be very useful :smile: Do you have your French literature exam this wednesday too?
Reply 3
yup!! and i am totally screwed!!
i should be allright for therese desqueyroux but i don't know a thing about l'avare.
i thought i had two weeks to learn all my stuff but had got the exams mixed up and thought unit 6 was this wednesday and the literature on the 28th.
:eek:
how are you coping??
Reply 4
hi i'm doing l'avare and paris as my topics and texts. l'avare revision i way better than paris! i've watched the film of l'avare 4 times in english so i totally get the storyline now. are you learning direct quotes or will you just refer to the scenes? i got a past exam question from my teacher about the role of the characters of la fleche and maitre jacques - that sounds hard, but if it's about the main characters it shouldn't be too bad. what themes run through the play besides love, money and relationships? happy revising! (yeah right!)
jjr14
Reply 5
I haven't been able to revise much for french literature up until today, due to my other exams so I have a lot of revision to do tomorrow!! Another theme that occurs in the play besides the ones that you mentioned, is deception. I am not learning direct quotes, just scenes and as many examples as possible. We have never been told in class to learn quotes, plus I don't have much time now! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 6
i'm learning the quotes... i don't think there are any other themes in l'avare but you can get asked on the use of humour.
any tips on revising for l'avare? cos i have one day left and haven't started it yet! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 7
get the play out of the library in english. it only takes an hour or so to read and u'll have a better understanding of it!
Reply 8
we don't have an english version... i've looked everywhere...libraries book shops everything... the school gave out an english version of therese but one of the other girls have it... i'm not worried bout that book though.
i think i understand l'avare enough... just don't know anything for it like quotes or anything in french :stupido3:

Latest

Trending

Trending