The Student Room Group

Dietitian masters interview questions

Hello everybody,

Has anybody had an interview for a dietetics masters degree (hcpc approved)? If so, what kind of questions did they ask?

Thanks!
Hi i hope my answer helps you . Dietetics interview is tough to crack ,i finished my interview recently.They asked about skills and roles Dietitian should have .Secondly ,They asked me by showing a pic of a old man and asked what if he approach you with medical conditions,how you consult him with his dietary supplements .(it's just normal but have to answer carefully .They don't need your knowledge in Dietetics .But they were observing your communication skills and way of care , and handling the situation ) similarly they gave me more 2 case studies( diabetes type 2 with weightloss and diabetic type 2 with smoking and drinking alcohol) asked to give my point of view . Furthermore they questioned me how will I manage a team ( it related to work in hospitals as a leadership ) .They enquired about few research things ( which i don't know .I honestly said them i haven't experienced any research things in bsc ) guess what they rejected me saying interview was unsatisfied.I tried my best. Hope you do well .All the very best .
He

Original post by Navya sri
Hi i hope my answer helps you . Dietetics interview is tough to crack ,i finished my interview recently.They asked about skills and roles Dietitian should have .Secondly ,They asked me by showing a pic of a old man and asked what if he approach you with medical conditions,how you consult him with his dietary supplements .(it's just normal but have to answer carefully .They don't need your knowledge in Dietetics .But they were observing your communication skills and way of care , and handling the situation ) similarly they gave me more 2 case studies( diabetes type 2 with weightloss and diabetic type 2 with smoking and drinking alcohol) asked to give my point of view . Furthermore they questioned me how will I manage a team ( it related to work in hospitals as a leadership ) .They enquired about few research things ( which i don't know .I honestly said them i haven't experienced any research things in bsc ) guess what they rejected me saying interview was unsatisfied.I tried my best. Hope you do well .All the very best .

Hiya,

I am very sorry to hear you didn't get through. You can always re-apply and turn your weaknesses into strengths! Don't give up.

Thank you for all the advice, that is very helpful!
Reply 3
Original post by dieteticwoman
Hello everybody,

Has anybody had an interview for a dietetics masters degree (hcpc approved)? If so, what kind of questions did they ask?

Thanks!

Hi hope you did your interview great.. If you don't mind Can you please tell me what kind of questions you got on interview .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending