The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article6869799.ece

'Boyzone singer Stephen Gately has been found dead at the age of 33, it was reported today.

Gately was believed to have been holidaying in Majorca when he died yesterday, according to a newspaper.

Boyzone manager Louis Walsh told the News of the World: "We're all absolutely devastated. I'm in complete shock. I was only with him on Monday at an awards ceremony. We don't know much about what's happened yet.

"I only heard after The X Factor and we will rally around each other this week. He was a great man." '

:frown:
who is he?
Reply 3
What?!

Nah, no way. Probably just a hoax.

Btw, he's the Boyzone guy
Reply 4
Such a shock :frown: RIP
Reply 6
Ah, that's sad :frown:

I do find it a bit over the top to call it a "huge tragedy" though. Maybe that's just me?
Reply 7
It's real! I just seen it on the Times too!

I never particularly liked him (though my sister used to) but he was taken way too young. RIP.
Looks like it's true, confirmed by a Boyzone spokesman and Louis Walsh, I doubt the Times woul report that unless it had actually happened?

He's too obscure to be a hoax I reckon, why wouldn't they hoax someone more famous?
Who?
Reply 10
Aww, too young to die :frown:

Poor thing :frown:

x
Reply 11
ChrisLincoln
Who?

Boyzone guy. Not Ronan, the other one.

As I said on the other thread, RIP.
Man I just made the thread 13 minutes ago :frown:

But it is very sad, so young.
oh dear. boyzone never gonna be the same now. RIP
i wonder what happened.
Reply 14
Awww thats so sad! I saw him once :frown:
omg RIP :frown:

I'm so shocked!
Wasn't a fan myself but still sad, and a ver young age to die. :frown:
Its a shame.. :frown:
Reply 18
Too young. Very sad. Boyzone (like Take That and Westlife) had a massive influence on pop music and have probably influenced groups such as JLS. A sad loss.
Reply 19
RIP, I wonder what happened

Latest

Trending

Trending