The Student Room Group

What is the best way to revise for A2 sociology if you want an A?

What is the best way to revise for A2 sociology if you want an A?
I just make notes and learn them but i know that's not good enough if you want to get an A.
Reply 1
I feel the same too....it just never seems enough ....perhaps find examples to insert into essay questions and constantly do exam questions that seems to help me coming up to exam period! Btw are you doing AQA by any chance?
Reply 2
Textbooks?
1. Memorise Sociology Themes and Perspectives; by Michael Haralambos, R.M. Heald, Martin Holborn, Martin Holborn (ISBN: 9780007154470).
2. Read the National Daily Newspapers, everyday for the two weeks leading up to your exam.
Reply 4
WhereIsMyMind

2. Read the National Daily Newspapers, everyday for the two weeks leading up to your exam.

I'd say that's a very good one, as often you can get the latest developments of policies or statistics that aren't in the textbook. Last year our sociology teacher did it for us, new ones this year and i'll probably do it for my self when it gets closer to the time.
Reply 5
It's enough. A levels only require you to learn the syllabus so as long as you've got a decent textbook and you learn it well, you can get an A.
Reply 6
Decent detailed text book - make notes and keep reading.
Then a simpler book to read to refresh your memory.
Reply 7
'Me=
']I feel the same too....it just never seems enough ....perhaps find examples to insert into essay questions and constantly do exam questions that seems to help me coming up to exam period! Btw are you doing AQA by any chance?

Yes, i am doing AQA and i hate the text book. :mad:
I'm doing 'power and politics' again because i was 4 mark away from an A overall.

So damn anoying. :mad:
Reply 8
Lil08
Yes, i am doing AQA and i hate the text book. :mad:
I'm doing 'power and politics' again because i was 4 mark away from an A overall.

So damn anoying. :mad:

Ugh i share you're pain.....im doing the 'Mass Media'....i just hate sociology so much! :frown:
Reply 9
'Me=
']Ugh i share you're pain.....im doing the 'Mass Media'....i just hate sociology so much! :frown:

You just learn a load of crap through out the year. It is easier than other subjects though. :yes:
Reply 10
Does anyone know what might come up on the AQA power and politics exam 2mrw..any help will do, atm im memorising all the theories...:frown:
Reply 11
spinelli
Does anyone know what might come up on the AQA power and politics exam 2mrw..any help will do, atm im memorising all the theories...:frown:

Last year paper was horrible, absolutely HORRIBLE!!!. :mad:
Reply 12
I think having a good essay structer is always good, I think like 60% of my paper tomorrow is based of "evaluation"
Reply 13
Snapshot13
I think having a good essay structer is always good, I think like 60% of my paper tomorrow is based of "evaluation"

True. :cool:
Reply 14
Hey Guy how did it go?
Reply 15
i find making mindmaps really useful. put all the 6 topics of mass media on one a3 and link them together...
I find using a flash card app on my phone really helpful in remembering theorists. The app was called ankidroid, it basically saved my ass in AS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending