Reply 80
!Dermeister!
Simples. Just ask them that you don't wanna be interviewed. lol
Phone: +44 (0)23 8059 4408

LOL!! :hahaha:
!Dermeister!
Simples. Just ask them that you don't wanna be interviewed. lol
Phone: +44 (0)23 8059 4408

You kidding right? I mean don't they make the offers to those who are interviewed? Seriously I don't how i'd fare in an interview.
And no thanx! I will not eliminate myself:p: :p: :p:
Reply 82
Alex D
Regarding interviews, the majority hear after christmas (at least they have in the last few years :p:). I understand it's a nerve-wracking time but it could be January, February or even March before you hear :smile:

k cheers for replying, by the way what was your offer u got frm southampton
Reply 83
Does anyone have an interview yet? Any idea when we may hear ?
Reply 84
Bump
From what I have heard I think they interview from January onwards for the BM6.
Reply 86
Yuppp.if your not so sure, try and look at all the previous threads they kinda give you an insight into the interview dates etc. They get all the bm5/bm4 out of the way first.
Reply 87
sd91
Just to clear things up further, BM6 is its own course and VERY competitive to get onto - in fact a lot of applicants do underestimate just how difficult it is to get an offer and statistically it is easier to gain an offer for the 5 year programme. Also, the number of criteria you meet has absolutely no bearing at all on whether or not you are more likely to get an offer.

Interviews will take place between january - late march. I was lucky in that i received my offer in mid march but most were made to wait until april before the final decision was made.

So does that mean no one can get interviews in decemeber?
Reply 88
Does that also mean some people may start hearing whether they have a jan interview this month?
Reply 89
for 2009 entry, some were interviewed in december (and made to wait until april 1st for a decision). however the majority of interviews do take place from january to march. some applicants will probably be notified of an interview this month, depending on how many applications they have to process. in reality though, you should expect to hear from them in january/february time. last year interview invites were still being offered in march.
Reply 90
Oh greatttt! This means that i will have to wait even longer because I forgot to get my college stamp on the BM6 eligibility form and they said the application process will be delayed! I hope they send the form back asap so i can get it stamped. However they did stamp on my proof. :s-smilie:
Reply 91
Hyperbole08
Does that also mean some people may start hearing whether they have a jan interview this month?

Heya I just realised how worried im getting - im thinking abt interviews alreadybut havent heard any news back!! arrghh!!
in regards to the interviews being handed out soon..im not 100%.
Ive been speaking to all my work mates and they think soton is an amazing uni! motivating me more!
Reply 92
sd91
the standard offer is ccc which they give to everyone regardless of predictions.

With regards to interviews, you literally hear about a week or 2 before the real thing. The impression i got last year and from BM6 medics past and present is that yes, they do interview the majority of candidates before making a decision. Although I must state this is not fact - no one really knows for certain. They give about 40 offers out so you can imagine just how competitive it is especially when 400 odd apply.

on their prospectus they said the interview is compulsory for the 6 year course. Did u get b's and c's and still got an offer. And also what was your prediction when u applied.
Reply 93
indeed, what offers are made?
Reply 94
does meeting more than 2 criteria give u any advantage? also what are the ideal grades for this course because met some one with prediction 2a* and an A but mine are a lot lower than those.
I really doubt that is the case, as long as you meet their requirements i dont really think they are strict on academia they are more likely to put their weight on the extra-curr activities

Might be wrong though, we'll see soon:smile:
Reply 96
We could have to wait till March before hearing anything :frown:
Someone's cousin has received a BM6 January interview invite, on the other medical forum.

Where's mine? *sighs*:tumble:
Do Southampton BM6 use UKCAT cut-off?
Nope. Not even for BM5.

Latest

Trending

Trending