The Student Room Group

Cardiff Medical School Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
mrs.fry
Ah thanks :smile: Erm it says you can either do it when you get there, or before with your GP/Travel clinic.. I'm going to give them a ring anyway though :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

might as well do it here then - when I was down occupational health earlier in the year there were loads of first years having it done. that way its free and theres no problems proving you've had it done!
Do they send us the forms needed to complete a CRB check?
Reply 562
matthewleonard1
Do they send us the forms needed to complete a CRB check?

I was wondering this.. I haven't been sent anything and it's nearing the deadline :s-smilie:
Reply 563
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but does anyone have the syllabus/curriculum for year 1 medicine at Cardiff?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 564
meglo
Don't know if this is the right place to ask but does anyone have the syllabus/curriculum for year 1 medicine at Cardiff?

why?
Reply 565
meglo

It's all possibly changing at the moment anyway, so the ones any students may have will not be relevant to anything.
I want to apply to Cardiff among my med. school choices (*subscribes to thread*)
Reply 567
well i have
8A*s and 2A's at GCSE
5A's at AS level

and UKCAT of 680...
wud it be ok to apply to cardif with that?
Reply 568
bindy
well i have
8A*s and 2A's at GCSE
5A's at AS level

and UKCAT of 680...

U definitely meet the minimum academic entry requirements for an interview.
Reply 569
bindy
well i have
8A*s and 2A's at GCSE
5A's at AS level

and UKCAT of 680...

Well i got an offer with 7A* 3A, AAAC at AS, and UKCAT of 620... so i say go for it!
cowleya
I want to apply to Cardiff among my med. school choices (*subscribes to thread*)

bindy
well i have
8A*s and 2A's at GCSE
5A's at AS level

and UKCAT of 680...

Check out this one guys :yep: just started it but seeing as this is the 2010 applicants thread I thought that we deserved our own :p:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1393416
I'm probably now not going to go for Cardiff. I thought about it months ago because of its low AS requirements, but now I'm going to go for Bristol instead.

Good luck to everyone applying for Cardiff, though!!
Reply 572
Have an interview for cardiff next week! :biggrin: so excited,
any hints and tips guys?

also does anyone know how many people are interviewed after initial selection? i noticed someone couldn't quote a number earlier in the thread.
Reply 573
Original post by Teddy
Have an interview for cardiff next week! :biggrin: so excited,
any hints and tips guys?

also does anyone know how many people are interviewed after initial selection? i noticed someone couldn't quote a number earlier in the thread.

This is the thread you want: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1766743&page=11

A very rough figure for 2011 entry is 3000 applicants, 900 interviews, 450 offers for 300 places. They gave out quite a large number of waiting list places as well, which is good because I know of at least 20 people on my course from the waiting list.
Reply 574
Hi there, can anyone whose had an interview help me with questions that could come up in interview, mine is on the 16th jan and i dunno how to start preparing for it in terms of PS questions.
Original post by mattl1402
Just got an offer from track :smile: so happy!

Now you are a actual doctor!
Original post by Ukvoltaire
Now you are a actual doctor!

Hahhahaa! Blast from the past!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending