The Student Room Group

how do i get out of my place??? please help

Hi. i'm on a gap year atm that has just started and have a place at durham university next year. i got the conditional for a deffered entry, got the grades, confirmed my place, and now 2 months after results day have changed my mind about durham and dont want to go there. i want to apply to southamton instead. i know i cant apply to southampton through ucas until i have escaped my uni place at durham. does anyone know how i go about cancelling my place and how the process works etc? Worried!!
Reply 1
Just ring them up.
Reply 2
ellemewo
Hi. i'm on a gap year atm that has just started and have a place at durham university next year. i got the conditional for a deffered entry, got the grades, confirmed my place, and now 2 months after results day have changed my mind about durham and dont want to go there. i want to apply to southamton instead. i know i cant apply to southampton through ucas until i have escaped my uni place at durham. does anyone know how i go about cancelling my place and how the process works etc? Worried!!
It's very straightforward - contact UCAS and Durham and ask them how to cancel your place.

That said, I'd advise thinking it through very carefully before you do this. What if Southampton rejected you? They very easily could, even if you have the grades they seem to want.
Reply 3
Really, you'd choose Durham over Southampton? Why the change of heart, just out of interest?
Reply 4
Greg.
Really, you'd choose Durham over Southampton? Why the change of heart, just out of interest?

i think you mean the other way around lol. but durham just isnt really my kind of scene. i went up for an open day and liked aspects of it but on visiting other uni's that friends go to i much prefer a big city with a buzzing nightlife and social scene and as important as going to a really good uni is, i think the other side of it is also very important, to me anyway :smile: durham is also very far away from where i live . .

Latest

Trending

Trending