The Student Room Group

Plymouth A102 (BMBS with Foundation (Year 0))

Welcome to the University of Plymouth A102 (BMBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery with Foundation (Year 0)) 2023 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads:
2021 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560804
2022 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7080369
Offer Holders Thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7313409&page=3

For general information click: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/bmbs-bachelor-of-medicine-bachelor-of-surgery-with-foundation-year-0

For entry requirements click: (see above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Who is applying here for 2023?

I have 9988888877 as Gcses

Predicted BBB

Meet 3, possibly 4 contextual markers

Ucat 2520 b2

Do I have a chance?
@StrawberryDreams. Happy to have this thread in my name if you want?
Can you apply with AAB?
Original post by A105nktv
Can you apply with AAB?

Yes, I think so because it says you can apply if you don’t meet A level or gcse requirements for the 5 year degree
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is?
Original post by BoomBoxBeitch
Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is?

The stats are on the website. Fro memory around 500 applications, 100 interviews and 80 odd offers. Bout 16%
This thread s really quiet.

I have 8 A* 2 A grades and meet the contextual markers

Hoping for an interview
Guys, have you all received a medicine-specific acknowledgment email, or was it a general one saying Plymouth received your application?
Original post by yumnum444
Guys, have you all received a medicine-specific acknowledgment email, or was it a general one saying Plymouth received your application?

Ive recvd a medicine specific one this afternoon, it says they are processing my application.
Original post by Eekate
Ive recvd a medicine specific one this afternoon, it says they are processing my application.

Oh okay, Thank you I have to wait for that one then
Original post by Eekate

Which date did you submit your application?
Original post by yumnum444
Oh okay, Thank you I have to wait for that one then

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking. Its a bit vague as to how they select based in academic results.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Thumbsup786
Which date did you submit your application?

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking. Its a bit vague as to how they select based in academic results

my application went in on 6/10/22
Original post by Eekate
What are your stats if you dont mind me asking. Its a bit vague as to how they select based in academic results

my application went in on 6/10/22

i don’t believe they use academics in regards to interviews apart from the minimum requirements. Probably just the number of contextual markers you have.
Original post by BCGscience
i don’t believe they use academics in regards to interviews apart from the minimum requirements. Probably just the number of contextual markers you have.

This is from their website. It says they do look at academics

Shortlisting for interview Applicants are considered for interview based on relevant academic qualifications and non-academic criteria alone. We do not currently consider personal statements or work experience when selecting for interview

The Admissions Advisory Panel consider many factors when choosing who will be invited to attend an interview, including the number of places available on the course and the number of applications received, alongside the academic profiles of all of our applicants
Original post by Eekate
This is from their website. It says they do look at academics

Shortlisting for interview Applicants are considered for interview based on relevant academic qualifications and non-academic criteria alone. We do not currently consider personal statements or work experience when selecting for interview

The Admissions Advisory Panel consider many factors when choosing who will be invited to attend an interview, including the number of places available on the course and the number of applications received, alongside the academic profiles of all of our applicants

Oh my bad, but then again looking at academic profiles could mean making sure applicants meet minimum requirements. I do agree they are very vague with how they score people. I’ll email them to see if I can get any kind of info.
Original post by BCGscience
Oh my bad, but then again looking at academic profiles could mean making sure applicants meet minimum requirements. I do agree they are very vague with how they score people. I’ll email them to see if I can get any kind of info.

Please let me know what they say!
Is there an advantage of meeting 5 contextual requirements compared to 4?as I meet only 4
Original post by Dale D'cruz
Is there an advantage of meeting 5 contextual requirements compared to 4?as I meet only 4

I don't think so, as long as you meet academic and non academic requirements mentioned on website, you should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending