The Student Room Group

Applying with no AS/A2 grades - only predicted?

Hey everyone :smile:

Took 8 IGCSEs in Oct/Nov 2008, scoring 5A*s and 3As.

What's happening to me is that I started on a 5-term A level course in my country (asian) in Jan 2009, and of course now everyone's starting their university applications.

However, we all have to go through UCAS and the thing is, my college does our A level programme like this:

We take the CIE board and devote one year to AS exams, meaning that we are currently sitting for our AS exams now (and didn't sit any in June) and we will sit our A2 in June next year.

However, we will only be getting our AS results some time in January and most of the deadlines for university applications are in January! I've asked around and it appears that we have to apply on ONLY predicted grades, with no concrete AS...

I'm really scared as the people on this forum all have AS grades when they apply, and I'm scared this might hinder my university application.. what should I do?

Has anyone ever got into uni without any AS grades, just predicted A2s? :s-smilie:

Thanks very much
Yes, this is very common, I know of entire schools who encourage them to leaving their AS grades pending.
Do not fear padawan
Reply 2
I got 4 As at AS level and was told to leave it pending...
Reply 3
alexterry
Yes, this is very common, I know of entire schools who encourage them to leaving their AS grades pending.
Do not fear padawan

alexterry
I got 4 As at AS level and was told to leave it pending...

lol but why leave the AS section pending if you already have 'em? :s-smilie:
you basically get offers depending on your predictions, some grammar schools do this
MeanMachine
you basically get offers depending on your predictions, some grammar schools do this

It's not a set rule. If you have 4 As you can't really justify it. However many people may choose to redo a module from AS in the summer if they do not perform in Jan A2. Sometimes it's better just not to cash in the grades and leave that option open.
Reply 6
Don't worry about it, every single student in my school had done the same for the past however many years. We don't do AS and A2 separately, we sit all the modules in one summer sitting (yay for 28 exams in one go...), so I and all my friends applied with predicted grades only, about 95% of us got into universities we wanted to go to, and the other 5% didn't fail to get in because of not having their AS results, more to do with a couple of U's at A-level.
Reply 7
jolenejolene
lol but why leave the AS section pending if you already have 'em? :s-smilie:

If your AS grades have not been certificated (many schools only certificate at the end of year 13), you should really declare your grades as pending.

Latest

Trending

Trending