The Student Room Group

Has anyone done the Persian GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sayidajan
hi, I'm year 11 and I wanted to do Persian GCSE then I had interview with Persian she said that I will be fine in the exam but still I'm worried because my first language is Dari and I don't know some words in Persian is there any tuition in London around Croydon so I can learn there

also can you please is there any collage or sixth form do Persian language?

thx :smile::biggrin::wink:
hi, I'm year 11 and I wanted to do Persian GCSE then I had interview with Persian she said that I will be fine in the exam but still I'm worried because my first language is Dari and I don't know some words in Persian is there any tuition in London around Croydon so I can learn there

thx

thx:smile::biggrin::wink:

what the hell :angry::angry:
just happened this was in accident
I didn't mean to repaid one thing a lot
SORRY, SORRY, SORRY :confused:
Reply 46
Is there any websites available to learn persian as im 15 and im going to be doing the new persian gcse next year. Although I am quite fluent at persian as i have to speak it at home, Im fully persian, and i go Iran twice a year, i struggle with writing, and my handwriting is crap:frown:My parents are often at work so they cant teach me either, and in Leicester there is no persian weekend classes available anymore, so I really need help with persian writing and grammar.

ps: I dont know what examination board Im sitting.:tongue:
Original post by a1b2c3d456
Persian GCSE is so incredibly easy hahaha; you have nothing to worry about. Persian A Level on the other hand...

Lol this thread is old rip.

I did the Persian GCSE as well, I was born and raised in Iran.

How's Persian A Level, I was gonna enter into AS for the meme.
Hi,This might be quite late and not sure whether you've done the persian GCSE or still want to do it but i thought to give some insight as I did it in 2017 and achieved an A* It's honestly not that hard. The GCSE is quite simple, the writing was the tricky part for me because I've never been formally taught how to read and write in farsi and my mum has taught me everything that I know (but even in the writing component i managed to somehow get an A!) . The reading is quite easy, they just ask you to read relatively short and simple extracts in farsi and answer a few multi-choice questions e.g 'when is Sarah's birthday party'. To reassure you, the listening and speaking exams are super easy, it's completely conversational farsi-no news reporter style talking!
Original post by InquisitiveMae
Hi,This might be quite late and not sure whether you've done the persian GCSE or still want to do it but i thought to give some insight as I did it in 2017 and achieved an A* It's honestly not that hard. The GCSE is quite simple, the writing was the tricky part for me because I've never been formally taught how to read and write in farsi and my mum has taught me everything that I know (but even in the writing component i managed to somehow get an A!) . The reading is quite easy, they just ask you to read relatively short and simple extracts in farsi and answer a few multi-choice questions e.g 'when is Sarah's birthday party'. To reassure you, the listening and speaking exams are super easy, it's completely conversational farsi-no news reporter style talking!

Same as me!
I was really worried about it but managed to get an A* overall with the only A in the writing section. 😆
Reply 50
hey guys im doing the gcse Persian exam in the summer-yep im super nervous aha, but im afghani and im rlly curious if in the speaking exam they would mind if I spoke clear Iranian or can I speak dari with only a few words/phrases in Persian?also for the speaking exam I really don't understand what the presentation for part 1 is about because I thought it would be like the same format as a aqa French exam but it wasn't so can someone explain it?also I might cry because of the writing exam because my Persian spelling is rlly **** so I just ugh :frown:lol and these exams are coming up and im so stressed and tiredsorry for ranting lol
Original post by lenaxm
hey guys im doing the gcse Persian exam in the summer-yep im super nervous aha, but im afghani and im rlly curious if in the speaking exam they would mind if I spoke clear Iranian or can I speak dari with only a few words/phrases in Persian?also for the speaking exam I really don't understand what the presentation for part 1 is about because I thought it would be like the same format as a aqa French exam but it wasn't so can someone explain it?also I might cry because of the writing exam because my Persian spelling is rlly **** so I just ugh :frown:lol and these exams are coming up and im so stressed and tiredsorry for ranting lol

Hi, don't worry! You have to use clear Iranian as far as I'm aware but if spelling is your main problem it's not the end of the world because you're generally allowed to take a Farsi-English dictionary into the writing exam (or print one off from the exam board website - they had one when I did the exam).

All the best!!
Reply 52
Hi, don't worry! You have to use clear Iranian as far as I'm aware but if spelling is your main problem it's not the end of the world because you're generally allowed to take a Farsi-English dictionary into the writing exam (or print one off from the exam board website - they had one when I did the exam).

All the best!!

woah I never knew that i'll ask my school if im allowed to bring one! Thank you this was really useful, you don't understand how helpful you are and honestly these exams are freaking me out ahhh but yh thanks a lot!
No problem!! If you have any more questions I can try to help.
Original post by lenaxm
woah I never knew that i'll ask my school if im allowed to bring one! Thank you this was really useful, you don't understand how helpful you are and honestly these exams are freaking me out ahhh but yh thanks a lot!
Hi,
do you know where I can sit the persian exam externally?
No problem!! If you have any more questions I can try to help.
i speak farsi fully, i am full afghani, and i was born in afghanistan so id u ned help, ask me. mara pursan kun. agar yak kumak kard dashtabodid, ma inja astum. kho kus jan kusits michoshom. sina as khudit squeeze mikonom, uffffffff, allah jan
Reply 56
do you think i should consider taking persian gcse as im in year 11 right now but my speaking is pretty good however my reading is not that good and writing i would have to completely learn. im aiming for all 9s so if i did take it it would make me spend less time on my other subjects maybe but the writing exam is far from now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending