The Student Room Group

Oxford MSc Integrated Immunology for *2024-2025* Part-time

Hello,
My name is Kim and I just applied for the Oxford MSc Integrated Immunology, part-time. I was wondering if anyone here also applies for this program? Maybe we can talk and share abit of our journey :biggrin:

Thank you and I'm glad to hear from you all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
same program but i applied for full time 😊
Reply 2
Original post by kayee0109
same program but i applied for full time 😊

Hello 😀 Thank you for replying! It’s nice to hear from you!

May I ask if you hear back from them yet? I am quite excited and nervous at the same time!

I’m Kim by the way! Nice to know you!
Original post by Kimmy270192

May I ask if you hear back from them yet? I am quite excited and nervous at the same time!

Hi, I’ve also applied to the full-time programme 🙂 I haven’t heard back yet
(edited 3 months ago)
No information on the interview yet tbh
Reply 5
Original post by recklessreverie
No information on the interview yet tbh

I looked at the website and it seems they are still open for admission!

My background is MD hence I dont have a strong science foundation. I wonder if I can get to the interview.

What is your background may I ask?
I looked at the website and it seems they are still open for admission!

My background is MD hence I dont have a strong science foundation. I wonder if I can get to the interview.

What is your background may I ask?

I’m a Biomedical Sciences undergraduate :smile:
Reply 7

Hii, I didn't hear back from them so far.

I am final year biological science undergraduates and my GPA not very high so I just apply for "lucky draw" haha
Reply 8
Original post by kayee0109
Hii, I didn't hear back from them so far.

I am final year biological science undergraduates and my GPA not very high so I just apply for "lucky draw" haha

well at least we try and that’s the whole point 😀 I really hope we can make it to the interview so that we have a chance to show them what we got.

I did not have much background in immunology though, but I would love to learn more!
I applied for the full time course, got an int on Friday. Anyone know what to expect?
Reply 10
Wow just found out about this platform! Nice to hear from people going through the same process. I applied on December 1st (whoops) and have an interview next Monday. From what I've read it's best to rehearse your basic immunology (T cell subsets, cytokines, general cascade of events upon infection) and to know some background about what you've written in your personal statement. Kinda nervous to be asked questions about topics I know nothing about though... Fingers crossed for everyone and for your interview tomorrow!!! 🍀
Original post by cutelilpapiclown
I applied for the full time course, got an int on Friday. Anyone know what to expect?

How did your interview go?
How did your interview go?

Hey, my interview went well (I think)! The interviewers did say I answered comprehensively, so that counts for something. I would highly recommend you review your basic immunology, the question themselves I did not find difficult. But it does vary from person to person. I took immunology modules in my second and third year of university at King's, so I felt that the calibre of questions were quite basic. But I am aware that some people did not cover much immunology and they mentioned this to me as well - they set extra reading to mitigate gaps over the summer break before the course starts for all students. I believe I will hear back in the next 3-4 weeks. I can't share the exact questions as that breaches confidentiality. but my best advice is to PREP!!! and go over your application / personal statement because they had a segment on that too. Truth be told, this isn't my top choice, and I have an interview for Imperial college medicine, which, if I get into, I will be accepting. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions
Hey, my interview went well (I think)! The interviewers did say I answered comprehensively, so that counts for something. I would highly recommend you review your basic immunology, the question themselves I did not find difficult. But it does vary from person to person. I took immunology modules in my second and third year of university at King's, so I felt that the calibre of questions were quite basic. But I am aware that some people did not cover much immunology and they mentioned this to me as well - they set extra reading to mitigate gaps over the summer break before the course starts for all students. I believe I will hear back in the next 3-4 weeks. I can't share the exact questions as that breaches confidentiality. but my best advice is to PREP!!! and go over your application / personal statement because they had a segment on that too. Truth be told, this isn't my top choice, and I have an interview for Imperial college medicine, which, if I get into, I will be accepting. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions

I’ve already done the interview and felt the same way. I have taken immunology modules during my undergrad as well so the questions were pretty basic and my answers were way too detailed haha 😂 had to stop because we were running out of time.

They asked me questions on my personal statement too, which seemed quite generic but I think I answered them to their satisfaction.

Good luck with your Imperial interview!
I’ve already done the interview and felt the same way. I have taken immunology modules during my undergrad as well so the questions were pretty basic and my answers were way too detailed haha 😂 had to stop because we were running out of time.

They asked me questions on my personal statement too, which seemed quite generic but I think I answered them to their satisfaction.

Good luck with your Imperial interview!

haha that's amazing! well done! let me know when you hear back 🙂
haha that's amazing! well done! let me know when you hear back 🙂

I’m not too sure when that would be but yeah, okay! They just said it’s going to be in a couple of weeks so idrk!
Reply 16
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I am waiting for my interview next week. I have been preparing but it just doesnt seem enough. I guess it would never be enough!

I hope you all get the offer that you want, my friends!
Hello! What date is your interview? Good luck with it!
Reply 18
Hello! What date is your interview? Good luck with it!

My is on next Monday 😀Thank you so much !

My is on next Monday 😀Thank you so much !

Oh nice! Good luck :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending