The Student Room Group

Is it weird to add your teacher on facebook?

Scroll to see replies

I'm friends with a few ex-teachers on Facebook, but they added me. If he's not your current teacher and you get on well, then there should be no problem with it though :smile:
Reply 21
Teacher's aren't supposed to add you / accept friend requests until they are no longer your teacher.
Reply 22
lool its perfectly fine as long as theres nothing going on between you to.

most of my teachers are freind with some of my freinds in 6 forms and were jst freind. and their about 25-30 years old.

i personaly dont think theres anything wrong with adding your teachers whether they left school or still teaching but some people might have other views on that.
I'm friends with a couple of my current teachers on facebook, but only ones that I know really well and are friendly with. I was friends with another, but our school now have a policy that teachers are not allowed to be friends with students, so she deleted me. I'd say if it's an instrumental teacher then that's different though and should be fine.
Reply 24
Ex teachers are fine but if it's a current teacher it could get a bit weird.
Ive got a couple of my high school teachers on my facebook, I dont actually know why...
Our teachers arent allowed to accept us according to the school, though not many stick to that rule.

A couple of teachers have msn to give people extra maths help.
Reply 27
yes, its weird.
Reply 28
The teachers at our college say that they are not actually allowed to be 'friends' with us on social network sites, whether that is an official rule or not i do not know. Personally i would wait until either the teacher or you no longer go to the same place.
Reply 29
Depends what level of education you are in.
If you're in secondary school, it would be pretty weird.
If you're at uni, it isn't as odd. I talked away to one of my lecturers on facebook, and he now supervises my PhD.
If you've left, then fine. I've got one of the science teachers who was there for about 40 years, and was loved by students in their droves, he's nearly 70 I think, hes got about 850 friends!!! Unbelievably popular.
My teacher didn’t give me my final grade yet. Should I add her on Facebook and send her a message saying I’ve been trying to get in contact with her through the school email and phone? I really need to know my grade so I can do this program I want to do.
No. He is your teacher. Not your friend. And that is how it should stay.
Reply 33
If he still teaches you don’t. If you’ve left the school or he has, go for it. One of my teachers is in his 40s and he has literally every ex-Student on his facebook, to the extent that most of his pupils in their last year look forward to adding him 😂 dude’s a legend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending