The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Halloween isn't a public holiday as such.

Its just a tradition thing like Bonfire Night.

Both of the above are gash though.
Reply 2
They're gash?
Go to someone's home and threaten to hurt/humiliate them if they don't give you something?

Halloween is essentially terrorism.
Reply 4
Hallowe'en is my favourite holiday, I don't understand why everyone hates it so much

edit: I hate valentines day. I have birthdays, Christmas and our anniversary to buy my boyfriend presents, why force everyone in relationships to buy each other cards and flowers and make single people feel bad?
Reply 5
Valentines Day. It's just a big fat punch in the face in which you realise nobody loves you. :sigh:
AP.
They're gash?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gash

1. A private part of the female anatomy. 2. Or a word to describe a rubbish thing.
1. Did you get any gash last nite?
2. What a gash day. There has been so much rain!!!
Reply 7
Holocaust memorial day sucks as well, why don't we get a bank holiday for it.
yesioo
Valentines Day. It's just a big fat punch in the face in which you realise nobody loves you. :sigh:

Except for those of us who get cards from our grans :awesome:
Reply 9
Clubber Lang
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gash

1. A private part of the female anatomy. 2. Or a word to describe a rubbish thing.
1. Did you get any gash last nite?
2. What a gash day. There has been so much rain!!!

I only knew it as the 'female anatomy' (you can't not know that growing up in London') and was wondering how that fits in here.

But it also apparently means 'rubbish thing'. Makes sense now. :p:
Reply 10
I don't really mind halloween, the trick or treating and stuff is lame, but the scary movies on TV are good.

I don't like Valentine's day - stupid IMO.
Reply 11
Except for those of us who get cards from our grans

damn my cheap grandparents :sigh:

send me an e card on the 14th :awsome:
Reply 12
Valentine's Day. So pointless.
Also - not holidays as such - but stuff like Pancake Day. I don't need one day to eat pancakes, I can do that any time.
Halloween. I hate it so much. The one time in a year that parents drop all their morals and let freaky old men give their kids sweets in the dark. :colonhash:
I used to enjoy Halloween but now I just think it's too American and over the top.
Reply 15
LunarLeon
Valentine's Day. So pointless.
Also - not holidays as such - but stuff like Pancake Day. I don't need one day to eat pancakes, I can do that any time.

ooh yea you just rekindled another day i absoultely despise!!
another pointless waste of a day! PANCAKE DAY
El Doctoré de Mystéro
Go to someone's home and threaten to hurt/humiliate them if they don't give you something?

Halloween is essentially terrorism.

You seem to be confusing Halloween with the act of trick or treating.
Ayostunner
ooh yea you just rekindled another day i absoultely despise!!
another pointless waste of a day! PANCAKE DAY

Why?

edit: Mine is Mother/Father/Grandparents Day
Reply 18
Valentine's Day. I listen to 'Last Night...' by The Smiths and cut myself.
Reply 19
Boxing Day.
It's like a day to realise how much you stuffed your face on christmas, how poor you are cause you spent all your money on presents for people you don't really like that much and that people never get the presents you want so your stuck with ****** stuff and they never give you the receipts so you can't take stuff back.
And it's a whole year til Christmas again :frown:
.../rant

Latest

Trending

Trending