The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think I was about your age when I read it, and I liked it.
Reply 21
Well, Ill try it again to beon the safe side.
have heard of this book. saw a freiend reading it. won't read it if it makes u cry.
Reply 23
Ive read other Blkackman though which was not very good at all. I think the Tulip Touch (or similar) was hers.
is knife-edge part of noughts and crosses????
Reply 25
*starry_eyed_*
is knife-edge part of noughts and crosses????

Kind of, it's the second part of the trilogy; Noughts and Crosses, Knife Edge and Checkmate (Out at the end of the month I think).
She also wrote a mini-book between Noughts and Crosses and Knife Edge called An Eye For An Eye for World Book Day, one of those books you can buy with a £1 book token. It's apparently pretty rare and hard to get hold of though, although Knife Edge makes more sense if you've read it apparently. Have only read N&C myself though!
Reply 26
staylor
Ive read other Blkackman though which was not very good at all. I think the Tulip Touch (or similar) was hers.

The Tulip Touch was written by Anne Fine.
Reply 27
*looks it up on amazon* Hmmm, kind of interesting!
Reply 28
I read Noughts & Crosses a few weeks ago and thought it was brilliant. It left me really frustrated though.
Reply 29
Noughts and Crosses is one of my favourite books ever ever ever! I read it on holiday a few years ago, and literally couldnt put it down. I stayed up til about 3 am reading it, and finished it all in one go. I have the little £1 book (An eye for an eye) and Knife Edge too, although knife edge was really disappointing. But I suppose that was bound to happen after you know who (dont want to ruin it!) dying. I didn't know that the third part was coming out. I'm going to order it now!
i read noughts and crosses about two years ago.. It's still one of my favourite books!! Knife Edge was okay but not as brilliant as noughts and crosses. Hopefully the third book will be better.. the ending was kinda suprising though (about noughts and crosses).
LHMarsh10
Kind of, it's the second part of the trilogy; Noughts and Crosses, Knife Edge and Checkmate (Out at the end of the month I think).
She also wrote a mini-book between Noughts and Crosses and Knife Edge called An Eye For An Eye for World Book Day, one of those books you can buy with a £1 book token. It's apparently pretty rare and hard to get hold of though, although Knife Edge makes more sense if you've read it apparently. Have only read N&C myself though!

Haha! I have 'an eye for an eye' it's pretty good. short. but good.
I did have a post about my thoughts on Checkmate, but the spoiler tags aren't working for me.

I wrote a little about Checkmate here: http://palimpsest.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1159&start=15
If anyones still on this thread, I just read 'knife edge' and wasn't at all dissappointed. Still looking foor the paperback of 'checkmate', I might check your review then.
Reply 34
It's a fantastic book.. I read it aggges ago and seeing this thread makes me want to re-read it.
But I lent it to my friend and she never gave it back, lol.
I have friends like that! Well, one friend and a father.
Reply 36
i've read Pig-heart Boy,Hacker,Antidote and something else by her - which i can't recall - but not the one you mentioned
Noughts and Crosses was fantastic, so sad at the end. I bought the sequel the other day - such a disappointment. I hope the third book is better, but maybe she should have stopped after the first.
Reply 38
I agree with the whole disappointing sequel thing, Knife Edge sadly didnt live up to Noughts and Crosses. But when you overlook that, Noughts and Crosses is an extremely touching book which for me is a bit of an underrated classic! I havent read Checkmate (the final in the trilogy) but would definitely recommend the first book to anybody
Reply 39
ive read those 3 now... all very good, recommend to anyone... knife edge wasnt up there with the other 2 but meh.. still worth it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending