The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite author?

As the title says, who is your favourite author?

Scroll to see replies

Cathy glass
Reply 2
Samantha Shannon
I enjoy James patterson and Lisa Jewell now as a adult but a childhood fav got to b Jacqueline Wilson
Original post by Alesha1991
Samantha Shannon

Not read her Priory of the Orange Tree and sequel yet but I've heard so many good things about it!!
Current favourites:
Jonathan Stroud
Cressida Cowell
Marissa Meyer

Childhood favourite Roald Dahl
Jeff Kinney I guess
Reply 7
Nagarjuna, Sankara, Dharmakirti, Mark Siderits, Anantanand Rambachan, Kierkgaard

Tim Pat Coogan, Peter Taylor, Tony Joseph, Oded Galor, Colm Toibin

Baldacci, Lee Child stuff I quite like, Tolstoy and Dostoevsky I love, big Bram Stoker fan
Et al.

This author is a machine, contributed literature in such breadth and volume that is truly unmatched.

Spoiler

(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Bookworm524
Not read her Priory of the Orange Tree and sequel yet but I've heard so many good things about it!!

Yes, Priory of the Orange Tree is definitely worth reading. Not got round to Day of Fallen Night [the sequel] yet but I'm going to as soon as I get the chance.

A few other authors I like are; NK Jemisin, Neal Stephenson, Marlon James, Storm Constantine, Robert Anton Wilson, Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker
I would say Malorie Blackman and Sophie McKenzie.
Reply 11
Anthony Burgess, Lawrence Durrell, Gerald Seymour,
Norman Davies, Louis de Bernières, Graham Robb,
Henri Alain-Fournier

so many books, so little time
Terry Pratchett
Original post by Alesha1991
Yes, Priory of the Orange Tree is definitely worth reading. Not got round to Day of Fallen Night [the sequel] yet but I'm going to as soon as I get the chance.

A few other authors I like are; NK Jemisin, Neal Stephenson, Marlon James, Storm Constantine, Robert Anton Wilson, Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker

I've recently started reading Neil Gaiman! I finished the Graveyard Book and oh my it made me cry somehow
Original post by Johnny Valentine
Terry Pratchett

He's got such a unique writing style! It's so fun to read
I like Nation and Amazing Maurice, any recs? :colondollar:
Wanted to read the Wee Free Men for a long time but never find any in the library :s-smilie:
(edited 11 months ago)
Sharon Creech and Rick Riordan
Tom Holt
Gabriel García Márquez
Reply 18
Original post by Emma:-)
As the title says, who is your favourite author?

J. K. Rowling
Original post by Bookworm524
He's got such a unique writing style! It's so fun to read
I like Nation and Amazing Maurice, any recs? :colondollar:
Wanted to read the Wee Free Men for a long time but never find any in the library :s-smilie:

Ummm, I’ve read them all so any really 😁

Discworld is what he’s best known for and I like the watch books from there best.

The “Johnny” series are good too (Johnny and the dead, Johnny and the bomb etc) as are the Gnome series (diggers, the carpet people etc)

You can’t go wrong really 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending