The Student Room Group

An Oliver Wyman heads-up

Scroll to see replies

birajb88
what qualification do OW train you for?

Nothing.
It is a job, not a course at university.
Reply 81
flugestuge
Nothing.
It is a job, not a course at university.

Really? So no jobs sponsor you for qualifications?...I must be mistaken..
Reply 82
birajb88
Cheers, anyone had final rounds with them?

no! :frown: Anyone at all?
JDavis88
no! :frown: Anyone at all?

If you're asking about OW still, yes, I had a final round for the GMC track but was unsuccessful.
off topic, anyone having problems reclaiming expenses? they don't reply to emails and grad recruitment phone goes on answering machine!!
They haven't reimbursed me yet, I'll email in the new year if no news.
Reply 86
got invite to the tests, summer internship. are they straight forward?
birajb88
got invite to the tests, summer internship. are they straight forward?

nice, when did you apply btw? I applied around two months ago for both the internship programs but have not heard anything back as yet.
Reply 88
unsung_hero
nice, when did you apply btw? I applied around two months ago for both the internship programs but have not heard anything back as yet.

Applied on 20th December
If the tests are the same as those we did for graduate positions, they are very difficult.
Reply 90
crafty bison
If the tests are the same as those we did for graduate positions, they are very difficult.

Did you pass/get the job?
I am assuming most of these test invites were for graduate positions?

Interesting to see that they have started replying to the summer positions as well.

@biraj - which track did you apply to?
Reply 92
The Sherminator
I am assuming most of these test invites were for graduate positions?

Interesting to see that they have started replying to the summer positions as well.

@biraj - which track did you apply to?

Both GMC and FSMC
birajb88
Did you pass/get the job?

I passed the tests and the first round of interviews but I didn't get an offer.
Reply 94
Are the applications still open? I just sent off an application this afternoon...
Reply 95
PorcineAviation
I presume you mean for internships. The internship deadline is January 28th.

Cheers :wink: I dunno if it will be a significant disadvantage me sending it so late.

Great username btw :rolleyes:
Reply 96
Been invited to sit the tests in the London office next week. For those who applied for the grad scheme, any advice regarding preparing for the tests? Sounds scary, 'hardest in the industry ...' !
its funny how someone on these boards said its the hardest in the industry, all people googling for info on the test will end up here and it'd be set as the hardest test in the industry. misinformation at its best...
From my experience the tests were very hard. Do a GCSE maths paper beforehand, that'll help.
Reply 99
PorcineAviation
There's not a huge deal you can do, but I would advise the following:

[-] Practice some critical reasoning tests. Get into the habit of following the line of logic. They're not of the "true/false/cannot say" format, so GMAT style tests may be more suitable for practice than SHL/PSL.

[-] Warm up your mental arithmetic. You won't finish, so speeding up your calculations of fractions/percentages/ratios etc. will help.

[-] It's negatively marked. Don't aim to finish. Aim to be accurate in all your answers.

Your mark is considered alongside your CV/Cover Letter, but most people who were successful scored around the 60% mark and above.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending