The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Race doesnt make any difference to me, I think everyone regardless of colour of skin etc should be seen as equal. also in terms of physical atraction it doesnt make any difference :smile:
I don't give a sh*t about it really. It's just one of these really irrelevant things that for some reason some people judge based on. A person's race makes no difference to their personality, so why should I care?

But obviously in terms of physical attraction it's different. Certain skin colours are more sexy. Oriental is the best, then White, then Latino, then Indian, then Black, then Middle Eastern.
the only time race matters to me is if im looking for a partner
missbrowneyes
Seriously?
I've gotten slightly paranoid since seeing all the race related posts on TSR and I am becoming conscious of being black these days when I'm around people who aren't. But surely this isnt an issue for most people..I mean...skin colour is just that right? And race is a social construct?
( Applies both ways, this isn't directed at any specific race)
( If there are threads on this already, well, sorry.)

Well there are biological aspects of race - however I do think waaaaaaaaay too many people assume a lot about someone and their culture based on what colour their skin is - this includes say Asians assuming that other Asians are 'just like them' for example. And while I get where they are coming from - its just a backward way of thinking in the longterm.

Race doesn't matter to me to answer your question, I don't like most people and the colour of their skin isn't going to change that now, is it?
I treat everyone the same;
in terms of attraction, if I think they are hot who cares?
Does not bother me, I'm mixed race. On a daily basis I just forget about it. People should only ever be judged on their actions nothing else. When it comes to physical attraction which is what a lot of these threads have been about again does not bother me.
Reply 26
nexusofsanity
I don't give a sh*t about it really. It's just one of these really irrelevant things that for some reason some people judge based on. A person's race makes no difference to their personality, so why should I care?

But obviously in terms of physical attraction it's different. Certain skin colours are more sexy. Oriental is the best, then White, then Latino, then Indian, then Black, then Middle Eastern.

That's your opinion, most people from my experience would go crazy over Middle Eastern looking people but not be really attracted to East Asian's......
Reply 27
the only way in which race matters to me is in relationships, in all other ways someone's race doesn't matter to me tbh
9a3iqa
That's your opinion, most people from my experience would go crazy over Middle Eastern looking people but not be really attracted to East Asian's......

It was obviously implied it was my opinion... I'm know that no two people have exactly the same sexual preference. But yeah, Chinese/Japanese/etc. women are my favs.
Reply 29
A persons skin colour affects my impression of them the same way hair style does.
missbrowneyes
Seriously?
I've gotten slightly paranoid since seeing all the race related posts on TSR and I am becoming conscious of being black these days when I'm around people who aren't. But surely this isnt an issue for most people..I mean...skin colour is just that right? And race is a social construct?
( Applies both ways, this isn't directed at any specific race)
( If there are threads on this already, well, sorry.)

people say race is a social construct since little evidence exists that race is biological or physiological.
rajandkwameali
people say race is a social construct since little evidence exists that race is biological or physiological.

Perhaps you have written that a long time ago and had decided to post it on that day. Race is a NOT a social construct.
there is no evidence to say it is. what evidence exists?
rajandkwameali
there is no evidence to say it is. what evidence exists?

Recent scientific evidence is indicative that. I really do have time that now. I suggest you look at what is available today . Look at all races.

"people say race is a social construct since little evidence exists that race is biological or physiological"
no evidence exists. besides, race is just the beliefs of physical anthropologists. most science is just belief, not fact.
Reply 35
^ Most science is just belief huh?
As a student in science I disagree, because you are wrong.

In my eyes, race is NOT a social construct. I can see with MY FREAKING EYES that people are physiologically different. There is no "human race", there is only the human species.
Not important. People are just wary of cliques and secret societies :yes: Black people AND white people.

Latest

Trending

Trending