The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tom//
why, so are they supposed to be looking after their partners kids all the time? :confused:

"Steven Wild, prosecuting, said the children were discovered at 1000 BST that day when Stevenson's stepfather called at her home."

hardly sounds like any of them live together or theyd both be prosecuted, stop trying to shift the blame

I already said I'm not trying to shift the blame, don't jump down my throat. What the mother did was terrible, she shouldn't be responsible for the children and the children don't deserve what happened, that's pretty much established. She shouldn't have done what she did and she alone is responsible for her actions.

However if we're going to try and look at why these things happen in society and try and change that then saying 'she's a bad mother and a bad person and that's it' isn't going to get us far, right? So my point is, the father should be just as responsible for the wellbeing as the mother. Because maybe if the fathers were more involved in their childrens lives in this case, they would have realised that the mother was totally unstable and unfit to be looking after children, and tried to do something about it, or tried to take over more of the responsibility of the children. Do you think this is unreasonable? I know that if I had children and the dad had custody of them and was abusing or neglecting them- or seemed capable of doing so- I would fight tooth and nail to get the children away from him.
Reply 21
Oh yeah, that's the stuff I need. Mmmm, lower class individuals behaving in reprehensable ways just gives you the best kind of indignation. JESUS CHRIST THIS MORAL OUTRAGE JUST FEELS SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!1!!!
Reply 22
missygeorgia
I already said I'm not trying to shift the blame, don't jump down my throat. What the mother did was terrible, she shouldn't be responsible for the children and the children don't deserve what happened, that's pretty much established. She shouldn't have done what she did and she alone is responsible for her actions.

However if we're going to try and look at why these things happen in society and try and change that then saying 'she's a bad mother and a bad person and that's it' isn't going to get us far, right? So my point is, the father should be just as responsible for the wellbeing as the mother. Because maybe if the fathers were more involved in their childrens lives in this case, they would have realised that the mother was totally unstable and unfit to be looking after children, and tried to do something about it, or tried to take over more of the responsibility of the children. Do you think this is unreasonable? I know that if I had children and the dad had custody of them and was abusing or neglecting them- or seemed capable of doing so- I would fight tooth and nail to get the children away from him.

you know absolutely nothing of this case, nothing. for all you know the woman could have stopped the father from seeing the kids for all but an hour a week. some men cannot see their kids, even if the mother is unstable/unfit to look after them.

i dont see it as unreasonable no, but in this case it may be because you dont know whats gone on, if hes had access to kids or whatever and hes seen **** like this happen then yes its perfectly acceptable to say "why didnt he step in?" but you cant because you dont know the facts.
Reply 23
Where does she call herself a mother?
tom//
you know absolutely nothing of this case, nothing. for all you know the woman could have stopped the father from seeing the kids for all but an hour a week. some men cannot see their kids, even if the mother is unstable/unfit to look after them.

i dont see it as unreasonable no, but in this case it may be because you dont know whats gone on, if hes had access to kids or whatever and hes seen **** like this happen then yes its perfectly acceptable to say "why didnt he step in?" but you cant because you dont know the facts.

I know I don't know the facts, which is why I'm not trying to make any brash statements but trying to ask very relevant questions that haven't been answered in the article. Such as- are the fathers in the childrens' lives? If not, why not? If they've been denied access, why is it that the social services have let this happen, and left the children in the care of a mother who does drugs and can neglect her chidren like that? No, I don't know the details, which is why I'm trying to bring up issues beyond 'what a bitch' which seems to be the jist of this thread. Yes, what a bitch indeed, but what does it say about our society when things like this can happen?
Reply 25
Fusion
Where does she call herself a mother?

I think the fact that we've been told that these children came out of her over used vagina says enough Captain Obvious.
the four year old has more sense than that ****
Reply 27
Aw, that's so sad. Those poor kids! :sad:
Reply 28
The four-year-old girl had tried to feed the baby by using chairs to climb up to a kitchen cupboard and reach a tin of milk powder.

Poignant.
Awww this thread is a let down, I was looking forward to negging the OP for whining about their mother.
Reply 30
sango
The women in this article is supposedly a mother

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/8362815.stm

:mad: I'm not one to rant but my god wtf is this bitch doing having children. Women like her should either sort their lives out or keep their legs CLOSED!!! How dare she have the audacity to keep four young children who desereve the love and care of a proper parent. What a stupid chav!

/rant

*sigh* we should just shoot the lot of them. The kids don't need to pass on her lazy pleb genes. Sure its unfair that the kids have to die, but its for the greater good.
Reply 31
The four-year-old girl had tried to feed the baby by using chairs to climb up to a kitchen cupboard and reach a tin of milk powder.

This made me sit forward and brought tears to my eyes :cry2:
Poor things. What an awful mother.
I have to be honest from the title I was expecting a Cat Slater-esque video linked onto a newspaper site with her daughter saying 'you're not a mother'.....chav mom 'YYYYESSSSSSSSS IIIIII AAAAAAAMMMMMMM'
Reply 33
She has priorities straight.
Reply 34
It's interesting that regardless of the parent's relationship or situation it is always the mother that gets stick if the child does something wrong or if there are childcare issues. For example, a lack of manners being down to poor mothering. In this situation, she is guilty as she is the primary caregiver but she shouldn't be bringing up four children all alone, no one should have to unless by choice. She is only 22, it probably isn't easy for her yet she doesn't seem to have any kind of support network or guidance. We don't know all the details but few people seem to question the location of the father/fathers of these children. Parenting should be 50/50 regardless of the parents like/love for one another and sadly this isn't the case.

missygeorgia
I know I don't know the facts, which is why I'm not trying to make any brash statements but trying to ask very relevant questions that haven't been answered in the article. Such as- are the fathers in the childrens' lives? If not, why not? If they've been denied access, why is it that the social services have let this happen, and left the children in the care of a mother who does drugs and can neglect her chidren like that? No, I don't know the details, which is why I'm trying to bring up issues beyond 'what a bitch' which seems to be the jist of this thread. Yes, what a bitch indeed, but what does it say about our society when things like this can happen?

It does not help anyone or any child that social services are over worked, underpaid and understaffed. Things like this will keep happening until there are enough people with enough time to properly monitor parents like this or give them some kind of help and advice.
I was quite suprised that she isn't from Glasgow. Thought it was shoe in.
Jayjayjay
It's interesting that regardless of the parent's relationship or situation it is always the mother that gets stick if the child does something wrong or if there are childcare issues. For example, a lack of manners being down to poor mothering. In this situation, she is guilty as she is the primary caregiver but she shouldn't be bringing up four children all alone, no one should have to unless by choice. She is only 22, it probably isn't easy for her yet she doesn't seem to have any kind of support network or guidance. We don't know all the details but few people seem to question the location of the father/fathers of these children. Parenting should be 50/50 regardless of the parents like/love for one another and sadly this isn't the case.

It does not help anyone or any child that social services are over worked, underpaid and understaffed. Things like this will keep happening until there are enough people with enough time to properly monitor parents like this or give them some kind of help and advice.

She shouldn't be bringing them up at all if that what kind of parent she is.

No one has any idea where the father(s?) are, but i'd assume one of three things

1) When you consider how unfairly courts can treat fathers in custody cases, and that this mother is clearly not in her right mind, the father has been denied custody and has limited access.

2)Considering the Children are living with the grandparents now, the father is no longer around or is fit to look after the children either.

or

3) The father might have never been involved in the childs life or even knows he might be its Dad, I can't imagine many guys wanting to be in a long term relationship with this woman. Judging by the description shes ****** in the head somewhat, though whether that is because she has four kids to look after, or is the reason she has four kids I don't know.
Reply 37
they should take both of her balls..... ovaries off
Jayjayjay

You're absolutely right, she shouldn't be bringing up four children alone at the age of 22, something that many people seem to have missed. Good point.
Thrasymachus
She shouldn't be bringing them up at all if that what kind of parent she is.

No one has any idea where the father(s?) are, but i'd assume one of three things

1) When you consider how unfairly courts can treat fathers in custody cases, and that this mother is clearly not in her right mind, the father has been denied custody and has limited access.

2)Considering the Children are living with the grandparents now, the father is no longer around or is fit to look after the children either.

or

3) The father might have never been involved in the childs life or even knows he might be its Dad, I can't imagine many guys wanting to be in a long term relationship with this woman. Judging by the description shes ****** in the head somewhat, though whether that is because she has four kids to look after, or is the reason she has four kids I don't know.

This. I highly doubt if she is 100% of her kids parentage, tbh
And why should she get any slack for her supposedly difficult life? She made it difficult for herself, no-one forced the kinds on her :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending