The Student Room Group
University of York
York

I can't make the interview date...

I got the letter inviting me to an interview on the 12th January for the Writing, Directing & Performance course but I can't make it because I have an exam on that day.

Will the york university understand this? And if they can't rearrange a date will I be rejected from the course?!

Stupid worries, I know, but it's important :P
Reply 1
pws2501
I got the letter inviting me to an interview on the 12th January for the Writing, Directing & Performance course but I can't make it because I have an exam on that day.

Will the york university understand this? And if they can't rearrange a date will I be rejected from the course?!

Just ring up and explain, they will understand.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I don't know about your department, but the Physics department was VERY understanding when I couldn't make it to the interview, and they offered me several dates (over the course of a few months!) as alternatives.

Don't worry, just explain your situation and they will surely help you out.
pws2501

I'm in the same boat.
I had an exam on the day and couldn't make the interview.
I e-mailed and didn't get a reply so I rang up.
The lady seemed understanding and said they would get back to me to re-arrange a date but I haven't heard anything yet :s-smilie:!
Bit worried.
Also on the sheet they sent me it says "students will direct interviewees).
I'm very scared at the prospect of this?!
Reply 4
It's been over a month now since they said "we'll re-arrange a new date soon". It's doing my head in, I just want to get it over with!
Same. The course sounds amazing! A guy in my class has been given an offer without an interview and isn't even bothered about going there (it's like his 4th choice) which is a bit annoying.
I'm really scared what they are going to ask ( if i ever get another interview date) and was just re-reading something I overlooked which stated that the "students will direct the interviewee". I also don't know if they want me to hand in plays that I have written or reviews when they say "Written work on relevant topics"!
So confused :s-smilie:
How are you feeling about it?
:smile: :biggrin:
Reply 6
I think when it says "students will direct the interviewee" I think that means it will tell them where to go for the interview etc. Nothing to worry about. The written work on relevant topics I believe is just essays you've done relating to theatre, television or film e.g. Shakespeare.
I'm feeling nervous, but I'm pretty confident. I've learned the course structure inside out and have done practise interviews with my English teacher. You'll be fine, just be confident in your abilities!
:smile:
Reply 7
pws2501
It's been over a month now since they said "we'll re-arrange a new date soon". It's doing my head in, I just want to get it over with!
If you haven't heard from them since it might be worth getting in touch with them again? I don't imagine it would hurt and it might save you a lot of heartache.
Reply 8
I've already rang then twice since I've asked the date to be changed, and it's the same response each time, "we have no new dates yet".
Reply 9
im exactly the same I couldn't make my interview and they said they would give me a date but they haven't yet and im worried that I might not end up getting one :/
This was 4 years ago but did anyone get their new date interview invitation ?? Cause I have the same issue rn and it’s omly been 2 days but I’m so worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending