The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

hey guys, the admissions tutor at durham came back to me and said because the deadline for UCAS applications was pushed back, everything has had like a knock on effect, and he said that biology applications have had a huge increase this year. he said that everyone should find out about offers rejections in 2/3 weeks. meaning that we should be in colleges if we're getting an offer in like 1/2 weeks i presume?
i think this is kind of good to have like a firm date but also annoying cos it's looong time!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
camsterhamster
hey guys, the admissions tutor at durham came back to me and said because the deadline for UCAS applications was pushed back, everything has had like a knock on effect, and he said that biology applications have had a huge increase this year. he said that everyone should find out about offers rejections in 2/3 weeks. meaning that we should be in colleges if we're getting an offer in like 1/2 weeks i presume?
i think this is kind of good to have like a firm date but also annoying cos it's looong time!

I read that line and couldn't continue. I'm doomed! :frown:
Was sent to a college this morning for C100 :smile:
The_Shotman

oh my god you're so lucky! grrrrrrrrr v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v. jealous! that must mean the biology department is starting to make their way through applications! when did you apply?
p.s congrats!
Helllloooo durham bio 2010 freshers

i applied before the oxbridge deadline last october and durham gave me an offer within 2 weeks, this is at collingwood college. not sure why there are taking sooo long for most though seeing as im sure most other people will be predicted AAB/AAA!! strange!!
camsterhamster
oh my god you're so lucky! grrrrrrrrr v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v. jealous! that must mean the biology department is starting to make their way through applications! when did you apply?
p.s congrats!

Thanks :smile: I applied at the start of december. What about you?
The_Shotman

well done

i wish mine would change now i really want to know now, even if i get rejected
The_Shotman
Thanks :smile: I applied at the start of december. What about you?

i applied in november! lame. i think i'm waiting for a rejection. who knoooooooows jus trying not to think about it but it's hard i like check my aes every 5 mins ahhh!
Reply 48
Hi,

I've got an offer to do Biology at Durham for Cuthberts :smile: ABB
Got it a while ago- but only just found this thread !!

Anyone going to the post offer day(s) in March?
lucy_lu28
Hi,

I've got an offer to do Biology at Durham for Cuthberts :smile: ABB
Got it a while ago- but only just found this thread !!

Anyone going to the post offer day(s) in March?

That's awesome! Well Done! :smile: Was Cuth's your choice college? I am planning on going to the open day next month :yep:
Reply 50
The_Shotman
That's awesome! Well Done! :smile: Was Cuth's your choice college? I am planning on going to the open day next month :yep:

Thanks. You too. :smile: Yep, I chose Cuths :yep: What about you?
Do you know exactly what we're meant to be doing on the open day, apart from looking around at the college??
Reply 51
lucy_lu28
Do you know exactly what we're meant to be doing on the open day, apart from looking around at the college??

I got a letter from Hild Bede today about my open day, so you should be getting one soon. It basically said that we eat, then meet tutors and have an informal chat with them, then we all do organised things like go out to the student bar and things like that. Then the next day we have a talk and parents can have one too if they decided to come up.
lucy_lu28

I submitted an 'open' application and am still at the college stage. AES has changed and you can no longer see which college you are currently in, I wish I had chosen a college now since there are a couple I really like lol. Saying that, all colleges are good in their own way.

Regarding the open days, check this link out: http://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/visits/postapp/

How do you declare which type of accomodation you'd like? Or is it just luck of the draw?
I got an offer for Biological Sciences yesterday after my application had been in a college for 3-ish weeks i think.

good luck to everyone :smile:
charlotte_joy
I got an offer for Biological Sciences yesterday after my application had been in a college for 3-ish weeks i think.

good luck to everyone :smile:

That's awesome! Well done :smile: Which college have you been assigned to and in which order did you receive info of the offer i.e. was UCAS updated before AES or did you first receive a letter :confused:
The_Shotman
That's awesome! Well done :smile: Which college have you been assigned to and in which order did you receive info of the offer i.e. was UCAS updated before AES or did you first receive a letter :confused:

I applied to Hatfield but got an offer from Grey :smile:

I found out from UCAS first yesterday, but my aes says im still in a college and no decision has been made yet... :rolleyes:
charlotte_joy
I applied to Hatfield but got an offer from Grey :smile:

I found out from UCAS first yesterday, but my aes says im still in a college and no decision has been made yet... :rolleyes:

Congrats on the offer*! Seriously, you'll be glad you've moved, as grey's literally less than 5 mins from the science site, and everyone hates Hatfield :tongue:. And ignore AES, it's UCAS that matters :tongue:

*and all the rest of you with offers. If you have any questions about the bio course (esp 1st year modules) feel free to ask, I'm doing 4 of the 5 (not doing the main ecology one).
got rejected :frown: i'm going to e-mail them asking why....
i really wasn't ready for a rejection! owwww
camsterhamster
got rejected :frown: i'm going to e-mail them asking why....
i really wasn't ready for a rejection! owwww

Awww i'm sorry. Don't worry i'll be joining you soon enough! Did you find out via AES or UCAS?

EDIT: I had such a fright just now, I had 2 emails but neither turned out to be status updates!
raspberryice
Awww i'm sorry. Don't worry i'll be joining you soon enough! Did you find out via AES or UCAS?

EDIT: I had such a fright just now, I had 2 emails but neither turned out to be status updates!

found out through UCAS. they obviously did a big batch of rejections last night so if you're still there then good luck!

Latest