The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Foundation Year 2023

I applied for Accounting and finance with foundation year at Durham,

I just completed the written assessment and want to know what happens next .

Does anyone have any info ?

Scroll to see replies

You would probably get a invitation to an interview soon.

I am about to send in my application this week for finance. I was wondering how lond did it take for Durham to respond to your UCAS application.

On the website they also mentioned that some people might have to do a maths assessment. Do you know why they didn't make you do a maths assessment?

The final question I have is what was your written assessment about and was there any time limit you had to do it in?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kingroyal
You would probably get a invitation to an interview soon.

I am about to send in my application this week for finance. I was wondering how lond did it take for Durham to respond to your UCAS application.

On the website they also mentioned that some people might have to do a maths assessment. Do you know why they didn't make you do a maths assessment?

The final question I have is what was your written assessment about and was there any time limit you had to do it in?

They sent me a writing assessments, it was about psychology, specifically flash bulb memory, they sent a few articles about the topics which you need to read before you start the assessment, the time limit for the assembly (not the reading) was 60 mins.

Idk why it was about psychology since I applied for accounting and finance, but they may make me do the maths assessment in the near future or during the interview.

they took about a month to respond.

GCSE maths grade: 6
A level predictions : CCC
Biology- C, Economics- C, Law- C, Core maths - A

I hope you’re successful with your application, I turned 18 last month btw.
Reply 3
I submitted my written assessment yesterday and am still confused about why they would give us a psychology based question when a lot of us weren’t planning on studying psychology
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Hehi123
I submitted my written assessment yesterday and am still confused about why they would give us a psychology based question when a lot of us weren’t planning on studying psychology

Mothers life, I don’t get it, I just hope the maths assessment is online
Reply 5
Original post by Jamal5050
Mothers life, I don’t get it, I just hope the maths assessment is online

All the best for your maths assessments!
Reply 6
Original post by Hehi123
All the best for your maths assessments!

They’ve invited me for an online interview, it’s next week and I have no idea how to prepare, what if there’s a maths assessment 😭
They’ve invited me for an online interview, it’s next week and I have no idea how to prepare, what if there’s a maths assessment 😭

Looking at the past applications, I don't think you will get a maths assessment. Your interview is the last stage before they give an offer.

Good luck
Reply 8
I've applied to the Computer science foundation year although after they received my application i have not heard back (although i havent been rejected, hopefully). What i believe to be the issue is that i only received a 3 in English Language GCSE although i retook and got a 5 and have uploaded that certificate (a Durham rep confirmed they have received it).

Any explanation to make this clearer would be very helpful.

Grades i applied with:
IT: DD (Foundation Diploma)
Business: D* (Extended certificate)
Media: B (A-Level)
Core Maths: B (AS)
Predicted: 184 UCAS tariff points

Thanks.
Reply 9
Yo Jamal I'm going to do my test in a couple days, could you tell me the questions that came up so I could prepare better? I've also applied to the accounting and finance foundation year.
I applied for Accounting and finance with foundation year at Durham,

I just completed the written assessment and want to know what happens next .

Does anyone have any info ?
Applied for law foundation...
in start of jan alongside did my lnat in start of jan...

havent received durham offer? what dates do they give to foundation applicants?
Original post by Anonymous
Applied for law foundation...
in start of jan alongside did my lnat in start of jan...

havent received durham offer? what dates do they give to foundation applicants?

I think they give offers after applicants have gone through the assessment and interview stages, so somewhere around March or late February.
Original post by ldiot.
Yo Jamal I'm going to do my test in a couple days, could you tell me the questions that came up so I could prepare better? I've also applied to the accounting and finance foundation year.

What questions ended up coming up?
The people getting invited to the interviews and/ or getting assemesnts. Do you live up north or south.

Looking at last year's thread, it seems like people up north got interviews and assessments first while people from the south got their assemesnts and interviews at the end of February/start of march. I think offers should start going out in mid to end of March and start of april

Jamal,

How did the interview go?

I was also wondering do you live up north or south?
Guys I am so bloody nervous.
I applied for Law foundation in like Jan 6th and its Feb 5th and I haven't got ANYTHINGGG like interview kffer etc etcccc I am stressing.... they haven't rejected me but I feel sooo scares
I applied for Law foundation in like Jan 6th and its Feb 5th and I haven't got ANYTHINGGG like interview kffer etc etcccc I am stressing.... they haven't rejected me but I feel sooo scares

I submitted on jan 25th and got my invitation to do an interview and assessment on the 3rd of Feb, I think they’re processing applications now so news should come relatively soon!

Are you from the south of England? If yes then looking at last year's thread, they will come back to you at the end of the month or the start of next month. They are prioritizing the north first
Are you from the south of England? If yes then looking at last year's thread, they will come back to you at the end of the month or the start of next month. They are prioritizing the north first

I don’t think that’s the case this year as I’m based in London and am as South as it gets really .

hello i am from North :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest