The Student Room Group

If you won the lottery...

...would u still do your job if you really enjoyed ? or continue to work towards your dream job ? i asked this question to my freinds and they all said no they would just do what they want all day. But i have always said i would continue to work unless something really serious happened which ment i was unable or unwilling to work. i know its easy to say it now when i dont have millions but i truly bieleve that i would continue working because it is something i have wanted to do since i was about 6 years old..well just thought i would see what yu would all do :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It really depends on the inidividual and to be honest how much you win. i coudl say i;''ve won the lottery but only bagged in 10 quid so ill continue my job then. Even if i had millions i'll be expected to finish education but live it in such a luxury life. were it would be fun to learn. My parents would expect me to finish education and find that dream job even though I will have back up money. If your already in a family it may be easier for you to just sit at home and eat away the money.
I'd continue to be unemployed.
Reply 3
nope! im only studying economics for the knowledge but i'd love to do it part time i guess everyone works toward being able to be free and not having to do things they dont want and doing what they love instead! :P for me that would be partying day and night in the major cities haha
I would go to uni and work towards being a journalist.
I'd definitely finish uni if i won the lottery. I wouldn't get a normal job afterwards though, the motivation just wouldn't be there.

Ideally I would travel around the world and then attempt to become a wildlife cameraman.
I would buy shares and become even richer. :colonhash:

Then I'll sue everyone that looks at me the wrong way. :colonhash:
Reply 7
I would still go to uni, probably still go to work too but maybe have an early retirement, depending on how much I win.
if it was really enough for a comfortable life per year then i would not work =)

EVER
No, I'd keep working towards my goals. How unsatisying would it be to just sit around all day? :s-smilie:
If I won a substantial amount (in the millions), it wouldn't change me - I'd still want to finish my degree and have a fulfilling career. The money would simply be there as a safety net and something to help me along in life (so that I wouldn't need a mortgage etc).
Besides, while bumming around 24/7 seems like a good idea, it would quickly lose its appeal. I've been on holiday from uni for 3 weeks now and I'm sick to the stomach of having nothing to do. I prefer to be kept busy - it gives you a sense of achievement and makes you value/enjoy free time more.
Reply 11
I'm not going to read the thread- but say a really :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: fast car
Reply 12
BoredMoFo'
I'm not going to read the thread- but say a really :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow: fast car

haha not what i was asking but fair enough buggati veyron would be top of my list haha
Reply 13
I'd subscribe to TSR :wink:.
Reply 14
FootPrints
No, I'd keep working towards my goals. How unsatisying would it be to just sit around all day? :s-smilie:

see this is it i know being a millionaire would let you do some brilliant things but if you have nothing to work towards then i would quite simply become bored
conor.b92
...would u still do your job if you really enjoyed ? or continue to work towards your dream job ? i asked this question to my freinds and they all said no they would just do what they want all day. But i have always said i would continue to work unless something really serious happened which ment i was unable or unwilling to work. i know its easy to say it now when i dont have millions but i truly bieleve that i would continue working because it is something i have wanted to do since i was about 6 years old..well just thought i would see what yu would all do :biggrin:

I would definitely not do nothing all day. I'd end up depressed!

Firstly, I would apply to uni to further my studies. Possibly in something genetics related. Just because I enjoy it.

Next I'd probably use the money to do lots of those 'things I want to do before I die'.

After that, I would definitely want a career :yep: just because I'd get too bored with nothing to do. Perhaps I'd do voluntary work in something that I love. Or maybe work part time... Provided that I enjoy it then I couldn't see a problem :smile:
Student2806
If I won a substantial amount (in the millions), it wouldn't change me - I'd still want to finish my degree and have a fulfilling career. The money would simply be there as a safety net and something to help me along in life (so that I wouldn't need a mortgage etc).
Besides, while bumming around 24/7 seems like a good idea, it would quickly lose its appeal. I've been on holiday from uni for 3 weeks now and I'm sick to the stomach of having nothing to do. I prefer to be kept busy - it gives you a sense of achievement and makes you value/enjoy free time more.

So true :yes: I work in a school and get the school holidays off, I'm quite bored already after less than 2 weeks. Wouldn't be so bad if I could do something productive!
Reply 17
I would finish uni off and learn to fly a plane!! I always wanted to be a pilot but reality dragged me down and knocked some sense into me :frown:
i'm a drop out so i have no education to carry on with and i have no job.. so urr.. no?

i'd just blow all the money on stupid stuff. urgh, i'm an idiot.
Reply 19
I wouldn't continue the job I have now. If I won the lottery last night I'd quit when I wake up later and wouldn't look back.

In the long term winning millions would really open doors. I wouldn't have to worry about uni fees, mortgages or cars.

I'd still find a job when I graduate (though I'd probably go all the way and get a PHD, something that is only a pipe dream at the moment), but it would have to be something I'd enjoy, maybe charity work in Indonesia or something.

At the moment my plan is Uni, graduate and join the army. I'd like to think I'd still do that, but I don't think I'd be that selfless if I suddenly had £4+ million at my disposal.

Latest

Trending

Trending