The Student Room Group

Camp America, CCUSA, BUNAC?

Hi there, ok well Ive decided to go and work at a camp next summer and dont know which one to go with??

Has any of you went with these organisations and had good/bad/weird experiences??

Also, I know Camp America is a bit more expensive so I dont know if it is worth paying the extra money??

I'm 21 though and the wages seem much hugher in ccusa and bunac?
Reply 1
I did Camp Canada with CCUSA, and you get more money from going there rather than the US, and it's a far nicer country. Bit random I know.
In the Gap Year subforum there is a long thread on Camp America, you will probably get more replies there :smile:
Reply 3
Akk the companies just get you their, they are quite similar to be honest!

Useful links:

Summer Camp Guide - http://www.summercampworldwide.com
CA 2010 thead - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=982354
Facebook camp group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2252353636

Apply its the best job!
I spent my past summer with Camp America at a Camp near New York, and found it to be absolutely fantastic. More importantly I found the level of support provided by Camp America to be actually fantastic, they were working around the clock to find me a placement, and even tailored things to the most particular of my needs and were extremely friendly and helpful the whole way through. Also, and this is quite important, I had a job interview a few weeks after coming back from America and ended up having to spend loads of time talking about my Camp experience they the interview had heard all about Camp America and thought it was an amazing opportunity - I got the job :P I guess I'm saying Camp America is much more well known than the other organisations which provided similar services :smile:
I got a big fat pre-interview rejection from Camp America today :frown: I can't believe that they didn't even let me apply! You shouldn't worry because of that, since I applied through a different organisation and the main problem was that I'm not available until the end of June, because of school. :s-smilie:
They said spaces were rare this year though so you should hurry up. The deadline is really soon!
Reply 6
miloscruggs
I did Camp Canada with CCUSA, and you get more money from going there rather than the US, and it's a far nicer country. Bit random I know.

I did exactly the same thing and it was the best thing ever - I have heard the wages are higher with CCUSA but don't let that influence your decision, at the end of the day when you include flights and spending money you'll be lucky to break even - the money isn't what should matter - it's the experience!

:smile:
Reply 7
i went with CCUSA to America in the summer just there and CCUSA were fantastic. picked them originally because of the cheaper rates and they couldn't have been more helpful along every step of the way...answered all my emails really quickly (and i sent alot of emails haha), found me a great camp, make you feel like you're really well looked after...i had an amazing summer. summer after next i'm planning on doing camp in Canada with CCUSA. totally recommend them! if you have any more questions you can PM me :smile:
Reply 8
I would thoroughly recommend CCUSA! I chose ccusa and my sister went with camp america. I applied, got an interview and got placed within a month. My Sister applied 6months and has had nothing but hassle and stress wih them. She is still waiting to be placed (now April). Sent has sent her application 3 times and they keep having problems with it.

CCUSA is under-rated.
Camp America is over-rated.
BUNAC has stopped doing summer camps
Reply 9
I am thinking of doing the same thing next summer! I don't think BUNAC are doing summer camps anymore, but I was looking at Americamp...anyone had any experience with them? I know they are relatively new compared to Camp America and they also work out to be the cheapest even if you don't pay for flights (if I have done my research correctly!) but am worried that they won't be as legit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending