The Student Room Group

Are any of these DAMN gap year websites legit?

I've been looking at doing work experience abroad specifically the Canadian experience. I've looked at BUNAC, Global Work and Travel and Gap 360 and while these seem like pretty reputable websites with good reviews I've also seen many people call these websites scams. Many of these sites require fairly expensive deposits and obviously, I don't want to be giving a lot of money to something that isn't legit so are these websites actually legit.
Reply 1
been having same problem kind of lost with it all if anyone knows of a reputable website that would be appreciated
Reply 2
These are all established companies, but expect to pay a fee to get a placement (when you could do it yourself for cheaper). You could either apply for working holidays independently and arrange everything yourself e.g. visa, flights, accommodation or go with a company like the ones you mentioned who will arrange it for you (for the fee). There are also tons more sites to consider if you have time to search e.g. Seasonal Jobs Canada, Ski Resort Work, Gap Year Canada etc. This list of companies offering jobs abroad might help too.
Reply 3
Also reviews for all companies usually vary (like anything someone can enjoy/others not), but as long as most are positive then try not to worry too much. You might also want to contact others on Facebook etc for honest advice if you see they have done something similar.

Quick Reply

Latest