The Student Room Group
:hello: Welcome to TSR!

Take a look at the FAQs and the TSR Welcome Pack to get you started on the site. I'll point out now that we don't allow email addresses to be posted publicly, so I'd suggest editing your post to remove your address (use the "Edit" button beneath your post). Aside from that, happy posting! :smile:

:tsr:
Reply 2
Heyyy I've applied for Speech and Language Therapy too :smile: I've had 5 offers now so I'm trying to decide between Sheffield and Reading and at the moment I think I'd probably prefer Sheffield. :smile:
Where else have you applied? Have you heard back from them now?

xxx
Reply 3
Wow that's great 5 offers...did you apply to either london uni's city or ucl? I have commitments in london so have to stay here but have heard good things about reading and sheffield will also have added advantage of good nite life too
Reply 4
No I didn't I applied to Sheffield Reading Newcastle UEA and Leeds Met. Have you heard back from anywhere yet? And do you prefer City or UCL?
Reply 5
Hi!

Yes currently applying to be a SALT aswel but already got rejected from2 universities.. UCL and Reading cos my grades didnt meet their entry requirements :frown: tho i got BBB at a level in my CACHE Diploma in childcare and eduction worth 300 ucas points.. they were lookin for 320!!

I have emailed so many people for work experience, ive observed a therapist which really makes me wanna do it now :-) and got a few possible observations in special schools and primary schools.

But don't seem to be able to get any work experience / voluntary work. Im finding it really hard! So if uv got any ideas would be great! :smile:

xx
Reply 6
Brookie:)
Heyyy I've applied for Speech and Language Therapy too :smile: I've had 5 offers now so I'm trying to decide between Sheffield and Reading and at the moment I think I'd probably prefer Sheffield. :smile:
Where else have you applied? Have you heard back from them now?

xxx

Just wondering how did you manage to get 5 offers? you must be really lucky! id love to go to reading! Did you get any work experience? ..really struggling on that front and think that cos i didnt put it in my personal statement they wont even consider me probs! xx
emmakatie92
Hey :smile:

i'm sort of new to TSR!..i've created about 5 accounts already, but keep forgetting my password etc :/ so this time i won't forget it! haha :smile:

I'm hoping to go to sheffield to study Speech therapy this september! anyone else thinking of that too? or speech therapy anywhere else for that matter?!

chat if you fancy it :smile:

:smile: x x x x x

Hi
ive applied to speech and language therapy this year at reading demontfort east anglia and birmingham city anyone else applied to them??

i'm stuck on choice on where to go to.... anyone else got that problem??
Just to say that there is already an SLT applicant thread on this forum (the one with the really long name). Just back to Healthcare and Nursing, and you should see it. :smile:
Reply 9
KirstieB
Just wondering how did you manage to get 5 offers? you must be really lucky! id love to go to reading! Did you get any work experience? ..really struggling on that front and think that cos i didnt put it in my personal statement they wont even consider me probs! xx

I have no idea! I didn't think I was going to get any! Yeahh I've done a bit of work shadowing and 2 weeks of work experience in special schools and a bit with old people. When I went for interviews they asked quite a lot about work experience so try and get a couple of days if you can just so you've got something to talk about! I'm sure you'll be considered without it though, they are always going on about how hard it is to get work experience :smile: xxx

Latest