The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. Life without death isn't life at all. Not knowing when death will come makes every of life moment precious. Nature is about new life, not making life last forever.
cpj1987
I wouldn't want to live forever, but certainly longer than I'm likely to. I'd also only like to do so if my loved ones chose the same. Perhaps the option to live forever, but with death by lethal injection available as an option to be taken at any time?

Yes, me too. This reminds me of 'The Green Mile', have you seen it?
PianoKeys4
No. Life without death isn't life at all. Not knowing when death will come makes every of life moment precious. Nature is about new life, not making life last forever.

You don't make a good voldemort! :no:
Reply 43
Lord Hysteria
Yes, me too. This reminds me of 'The Green Mile', have you seen it?

It's one of my favourite films. :biggrin:
Reply 44
PianoKeys4

Exactly.
h0ple55
It's tempting. There's so much I don't know about the world, so much I haven't learned or been able to study. There are thousands of places I've never been, millions of people I've never met. I think this world could keep me entertained for thousands of years. The main things stopping me from living life to the full at he moment are lack of money and the laws of society. In two hundred years time, who knows what laws and economic regulations will govern our societies. As long as self destruction was possible and i was healed of any illness instantaneously then I'd be fine. In three/four hundred years time I could probably even go and create my own race. How awesome would that be :smile:

I think you missed one, quite important issue - you wouldn't be ageing, though all those around you, including the ones you love, would be. You would be cursing the day you agreed to live forever while witnessing your wife, kids and grandkids dying.
Reply 46
No.
Reply 47
Yes. There's so much out there, one life isn't enough for it all. Of course it depends at which point you stop ageing. I don't want to spend all of eternity as a 70 year old man ._.
nope
Fusilero
Yes. There's so much out there, one life isn't enough for it all. Of course it depends at which point you stop ageing. I don't want to spend all of eternity as a 70 year old man ._.

How about:

you: 30; your wife: 30; your kids: 0
you: 30; your wife: 40; your kids: 10
you: 30; your wife: 50; your kids: 20
you: 30; your wife: 60; your kids: 30; your grandkids: 0
you: 30; your wife: 70; your kids: 40; your grandkids: 10
you: 30; your wife: 80; your kids: 50; your grandkids: 20
you: 30; your wife: :rip: ; your kids: 60; your grandkids: 30

Um, not that much of fun, is it?
I would live forever yes, aslong as I was in my 20's though! wouldn't want to be in 80's physical condition forever.
I would but then just end it when im bored....but i would go in my sleep so i don't feel anything!

If i could relive year 11 and now...currently year 12 for a couple of years then move on. Only because it is surprisingly great fun! Lol
Reply 52
Could be kind of fun. But then could you kill yourself at the end of it?
You could see amazing things. The end of the human race, what happens after it, you could experience loads of thing you wouldn't have the guts to when you were mortal. You'd live a fulfilled life, and you could keep filling it, and having a great time.
Reply 53
potentially, but only if i could choose to die at some point
Only if I am completely immortal. :huff:

I dunno, if I get married and have children, I wouldn't want to outlive them. Would be too heartbreaking.

Edit: If I can give my family the option, then yes. :smile:
I don't think I would, even if my family did too, I'd make friends with people who would eventually die and that would be quite depressing. However it would be really interesting to see what will happen in the future. Maybe a time machine would be better! :biggrin:
Yes I would because I'm an Atheist and so don't want to cease to exist.
Reply 57
Not sure. Most of all, I would just like to be able to have the chance to live to a really good age. I am terrified of death, I wish I could be one of those type of people who isn't scared of it at all but I never will be so if I knew for sure I was never going to die then it would be atleast one less thing to worry about. Saying that though, without being a massive cry baby, I think that life can be as hard enough as it is and I really do not know if I want to continuously go through the same heartbreak etc.
no, but I'd like to live for a really LONG time, say maybe 500 years.

I'd be happy to die after that.
Hell no. I'd end up like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, trying to kill myself in a million different ways.

Latest

Trending

Trending