The Student Room Group

moving home or staying in uni city?

I'm graduating soon, I've been at uni for 4 years and I can't decide whether to stay in this city or move home again.

I'm weighing up pros and cons, I have a boyfriend here and although he said he'd move with me, we would both have to search for new jobs and wouldn't be able to afford to rent anywhere straight away which would mean living at my parents house which is too small for that many people.

The alternative is I go back alone and we commute to see each other, but I don't think we could do a long distance relationship and would end up splitting up which I don't want.

I miss my parents but I don't know if living at home is an environment which is healthy for me, although it would avoid expensive living costs if I stay in my uni city and rent a house with my boyfriend - we wouldn't really have any spare cash and my part time uni job is not one I want to keep forever.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? What is everyone deciding to do once we graduate? Any answers would be appreciated as I'm really struggling to make a decision! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I forgot to add I'm worried my boyfriend would be unhappy moving away from his family, friends and his job :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending