The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A curse.
Reply 21
I doubt there is much. Makes no sense to put valuable things close to the surface when traditionally important items were placed either down at or below ground level, towards to the middle of the pyramid, or up to the peak towards the stars.
Hugh-Jackman
OP what is the book throth??? that sounds interesting.

That should read Thoth.

"It's a legendary book containing powerful spells and knowledge, said to have been buried with the Prince Neferkaptah (meaning perfect ka of Ptah in Egyptian) in the City of the Dead. The reader of the rolls would know the language of the animals, be able to cast great spells, and be able to enchant the sky and earth themselves. Anyone who read the book was punished by the gods (who would cause the reader's loved ones to die until the book was returned).

The Book of Thoth is said to be hidden inside a golden box, which is contained in a silver box inside a box of ivory and ebony encased in a sycamore box which is found in a bronze box contained in an iron box. The keys of each box, if the myth is taken into context, were hidden across the Egyptian Empire by either the Gods, the son of Neferkaptah or Neferkaptah himself, depending on the version of the legend, and the keys were either put under the charge of trusted friends, hidden in hard-to-reach places or placed under guard of beasts or enchantments and curses, as prevention to the curses that the Book placed upon the reader."
Riderz
I doubt there is much. Makes no sense to put valuable things close to the surface when traditionally important items were placed either down at or below ground level, towards to the middle of the pyramid, or up to the peak towards the stars.

it's still not that accessible even though its closer to the surface. It would have been extremely hard to scale the pyramid when it was coated in its white, super smooth limestone, that's even if you knew where to look.
Reply 24
The pyramid's sewage dump? Why do you think it's sealed airtight?
sooner or later this thread will just devolve into sexual innuendo... yeah :biggrin:

I wonder what's up that shaft eh? hasn't been used or entered for years and years, who knows?
Reply 26
Edycal

it is going upwards i believe. so unless its the worst thought out sewage dump ever concieved i think i disproved your theory
dajjal.
Reply 28
it is going upwards i believe. so unless its the worst thought out sewage dump ever concieved i think i disproved your theory

Well...maybe it was some kind of torture tactic for the slaves that were insubordinate or refused to work. To carry everyone else feces up into tomb in a papyrus bag?. Or maybe the bottom part of the pyramid was already taken with more important VIP tombs :wink:
Reply 29
Trouser Snake
it's still not that accessible even though its closer to the surface. It would have been extremely hard to scale the pyramid when it was coated in its white, super smooth limestone, that's even if you knew where to look.

Mmm yeah, I dont disagree, but it still makes no sense and doesnt fit in with the traditional way of building pyramids. Also being uphill it makes no sense to put things behind it, there could be a room up there, but imho it is more likely to be a ventilation shaft, false entrance, or something else designed to deceive grave robbers.

I guess we can speculate all we like, but the only way to know is to wait and see!
Reply 30
Trouser Snake

The Book of Thoth is said to be hidden inside a golden box, which is contained in a silver box inside a box of ivory and ebony encased in a sycamore box which is found in a bronze box contained in an iron box.

Thats a lot of boxes :eek:
Reply 31
Hopefully whatever it is they'll let us know, and conserve it properly.

I don't have high hopes though.
Edycal

I don't think they would have sewage directly positioned into the Kings and Queens chambers.

Also to put the special doors in with copper handles means there is some great significance to what lies behind them...or at least their meaning.
Reply 33
Trouser Snake
I don't think they would have sewage directly positioned into the Kings and Queens chambers.

Also to put the special doors in with copper handles means there is some great significance to what lies behind them...or at least their meaning.

Maybe the checked out an ensuite room haha :wink:
Edycal
Well...maybe it was some kind of torture tactic for the slaves that were insubordinate or refused to work. To carry everyone else feces up into tomb in a papyrus bag?. Or maybe the bottom part of the pyramid was already taken with more important VIP tombs :wink:

It's now quite widely believed by Egyptologists that slaves did not build the Great Pyramid and because of it's extreme care for precision it's more likely to have been a labor of love, built by master craftsmen.

or aliens lol
Trouser Snake
It's now quite widely believed by Egyptologists that slaves did not build the Great Pyramid and because of it's extreme care for precision it's more likely to have been a labor of love, built by master craftsmen.

or aliens lol

What about Giraffe's?
Riderz
Mmm yeah, I dont disagree, but it still makes no sense and doesnt fit in with the traditional way of building pyramids. Also being uphill it makes no sense to put things behind it, there could be a room up there, but imho it is more likely to be a ventilation shaft, false entrance, or something else designed to deceive grave robbers.

I guess we can speculate all we like, but the only way to know is to wait and see!

That's because it's not like 'traditional' pyramids. The real truth is, there is no actual historic facts or science to prove exactly when the great pyramid was built, and some argue that it was there before Ancient Egypt claimed it as theirs.

It makes sense to have it there if whatever is inside was never intended to be removed or discovered.

It's far too small to be an entrance.

I think the best argument i've heard for it is that they could be passage ways designed for the belief that the souls need a way out.

There is also something about the soul being tested/challenged by doors before it's allowed entry into the after life.
Trouser Snake
What lies undisturbed for hundreds of thousands of years behind these doors? Take the Poll and share your views.

Did you just say hundreds of thousands of years?
a.posteriori
Did you just say hundreds of thousands of years?

Nope :biggrin:

....typo lol

more like 4000 years
Reply 39
Trouser Snake
That's because it's not like 'traditional' pyramids. The real truth is, there is no actual historic facts or science to prove exactly when the great pyramid was built, and some argue that it was there before Ancient Egypt claimed it as theirs.

It makes sense to have it there if whatever is inside was never intended to be removed or discovered.

It's far too small to be an entrance.

I think the best argument i've heard for it is that they could be passage ways designed for the belief that the souls need a way out.

There is also something about the soul being tested/challenged by doors before it's allowed entry into the after life.

If its too small to be an entrance, it follows that how did they put anything of substance there? Not only because the items would have to be very very small, but also someone, or something, had to place it there. Unless you think that the pyramid was built around the object/s. Seems far fetched to me. A exit for the dead souls would make most sense. And hence there is "nothing" behind the door.

Latest

Trending

Trending