The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Caronnn
My EMA application still has not gone through! I applied in September and apparently, they are still having problems getting to grips with their new system. Any ideas? :s-smilie:

Other than complaining to your EMA Co-ordinator at school and ringing them up yourself until it's sorted, no ideas :frown:
Reply 1981
Redpanda91
Other than complaining to your EMA Co-ordinator at school and ringing them up yourself until it's sorted, no ideas :frown:

They've been saying there's a delay on EMA on the website. But it's been aaages now!
Reply 1982
Caronn send off another application, that's what I had to do.

Was ringing them up every friday but nothing was progressing.

Just send another and include a letter explaining why you've sent another.

Only got mine sorted last week, getting all my backpay on friday
Reply 1983
Thanks for the advice. I shall call and get another pack tomorrow!
Reply 1984
Today in the the mail, after months of waiting, I received mya letter saying that my application for EMA is being processed and that an EMA reference number is to be allocated. However, I sent off my EMA application months ago, at the beginning of the school year and am now currently on a school bursary. What does this mean? Am I now going to be getting EMA? Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated. :smile::
Does receiving a school bursary effect how much money you should receive via ema.
Reply 1986
Yes. If I receive EMA I will not receive the school bursary. :frown:
Reply 1987
:mad: Gahh , No Payment *and* No Bonus :frown:
really needed it as well..=/

To the people who got there bonus today or yesterday , was your school/college etc closed on monday and/or tuesday?
How much is the EMA bonus? I haven't managed to check my balance yet. I was under the impression that it was £100 but 2 of my friends claim that they've got £250.
i don't get my bonus until next week or the week after, am i the only 1 who gets it this late?
Reply 1990
xmiaowx
:mad: Gahh , No Payment *and* No Bonus :frown:
really needed it as well..=/

Yep, exactly this.

IM ANGRY :mad: :stomp:
Reply 1991
Poshtotty
How much is the EMA bonus? I haven't managed to check my balance yet. I was under the impression that it was £100 but 2 of my friends claim that they've got £250.

The bonus is £100 :smile:
Poshtotty

It's £100.

I've only had 2 weeks worth of payment since Christmas, when I should have had 4 + bonus.

Incidentally, does anyone know if you're meant to receive EMA when you've been off genuinely ill, and had a letter from parents to show it? I was off school for 3 days last week with broken ribs (due to an unfortunate incident with a ladder) and although I doubt I should / will get it, it would be nice to know.

Also, do you get it if your school was closed due to snow?
Reply 1993
Whoodini
Yep, exactly this.

IM ANGRY :mad: :stomp:

At least im not the only one then :smile:
Its stupid, last time the school closed due to snow , i didnt receive a payment either,
I was expecting my bonus this week too , because i filled out the form straight after the exams, so about 3 week ago!:mad::rant:
Still;; it might come tomorrow! :thumbsup:
Reply 1994
Origami Bullets
It's £100.

I've only had 2 weeks worth of payment since Christmas, when I should have had 4 + bonus.

Incidentally, does anyone know if you're meant to receive EMA when you've been off genuinely ill, and had a letter from parents to show it? I was off school for 3 days last week with broken ribs (due to an unfortunate incident with a ladder) and although I doubt I should / will get it, it would be nice to know.

Also, do you get it if your school was closed due to snow?

You should receive payment as it is an authorised absence. And as long as you're not like.. off regularly ,. Hows the ribs?:hugs:

We should receive payments due to snow , however i havent received my payment today , for last week (26th-30th Jan 09), due to the snow. If school is closed for everyone , the ema lady cannot register who is eligible for the week's payment.
Caronnn
My EMA application still has not gone through! I applied in September and apparently, they are still having problems getting to grips with their new system. Any ideas? :s-smilie:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7859185.stm
xmiaowx
You should receive payment as it is an authorised absence. And as long as you're not like.. off regularly ,. Hows the ribs?:hugs:

We should receive payments due to snow , however i havent received my payment today , for last week (26th-30th Jan 09), due to the snow. If school is closed for everyone , the ema lady cannot register who is eligible for the week's payment.

Thank you! Ribs are getting better, but co-codamol is brilliant :yep:
Reply 1997
Is it true that you dont receive the bonus til you've had 2 payments, 1 in jan and 1 in feb?
xmiaowx
Is it true that you dont receive the bonus til you've had 2 payments, 1 in jan and 1 in feb?

That is a requirement, yep. Well it's two since you went back after Xmas.
Reply 1999
becky.fm
That is a requirement, yep. Well it's two since you went back after Xmas.

Ahhhh, Thanks m i havent received one in Feb yet !
Stupid snow lol:frown:
do you reckon my bonus could come in tomorrow , or do you reckon next week?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending