Reply 20
kylesawhney
TC?

That's the thread creator (i.e. you).
Ucl All The Way
id firm ox and insurance warwick
Reply 23
Futility
LSE has almost 15 applications per place, Oxford only has 6. So the answer clearly lies in competition for places.

That's not true actually :p: E&M applicants per place is roughly 11:1
My thought is because LSE probably doesn't like a compliment fisher?

And the fact is it's harder to get into LSE because they will only look at your PS and academic results.
Reply 25
Hmm, you were rejected from Bath but accepted at Oxford? Perhaps your personal statement wasn't very good? Some would argue LSE is better than Oxford for economics as well, so its not all that shocking.
Reply 26
andy12691
My thought is because LSE probably doesn't like a compliment fisher??

Wow you're unbelievably rude and cynical. Neg rep coming your way
Reply 27
-WhySoSerious?
Haha, firm UCL and put your insurance as Oxford.

Legendary.

lol he should!
Reply 28
Girtonian
Hmm, you were rejected from Bath but accepted at Oxford? Perhaps your personal statement wasn't very good? Some would argue LSE is better than Oxford for economics as well, so its not all that shocking.

Re Bath: The reason is because I do not do Economics or Business Studies, which are given as "strongly preferred" subjects. An oversight on my part for which I was rightly pilloried by Paulwhy
kylesawhney
Hey guys :smile: So i got an offer from LMH and tbh would 110% not have accepted an offer from LSE.. but regardless I was wondering what your opinions were on why they decided not to give me an offer?

All my academic info is in my profile :smile:

poor a-level grades i guess.
kylesawhney
on a serious note though what the hell DO i put as my insurance :P

Simple: your second favourite university choice.
Reply 31
Maybe they didn't wanna get used as an insurance choice (big ego). Although you didn't apply to Cambridge. And the LSE offer would have been no lower. But they didn't know that :rolleyes:

-WhySoSerious?
Haha, firm UCL and put your insurance as Oxford.

Legendary.

:rofl:
allaboutdrama
my english teacher told me that sometimes universities automatically reject you if they find out that you applied to oxford

Then your teacher is incorrect/ ill-informed.
Alex003
lol he should!

Person in your profile pic looks very pretty :smile: if i remember at 12 some rep coming your way..
Reply 34
Good bloke
Simple: your second favourite university choice.

Well in that case it would be firm Oxford, insurance UCL.. but that wouldn't work :p:!
kylesawhney
I was wondering what your opinions were on why they decided not to give me an offer?

The answer is really quite straightforwards; they simply had candidates that they considered to be stronger.
Reply 36
kylesawhney
Hey guys :smile: So i got an offer from LMH and tbh would 110% not have accepted an offer from LSE.. but regardless I was wondering what your opinions were on why they decided not to give me an offer?

Meh, I wouldn't stress, I got rejected from Bristol, York and Durham but the offer from Oxford is what's important because they have a much more rigorous application procedure.
Mrm.
Then your teacher is incorrect/ ill-informed.

that was what she got told when she contacted the uni, so she might not be incorrect, i was just stating an opinion to try and help.
Reply 38
Not sure if you noticed but...

OXFORD is your LOWEST offer!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

:eek4:
kylesawhney

did you have an interview at lse?

i read this article earlier, it might be because lse and oxford look for different kind of people, so it's not just grades and ability...

Latest

Trending

Trending