The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They deem you not worthy.
Haha, firm UCL and put your insurance as Oxford.

Legendary.
Reply 3
Actually ur academics is strong. Hmmm...

Most likely it's due to your PS not showing a strong interest in the Pure Econ course they offer.
Maybe they (unfairly) doubted your enthusiasm for economics as you didnt chose to study it to at least AS level. It is a really competitive course and acceptence from oxford doesn't guarantee entry to the LSE. Perhaps you made a boo boo on your personal statement that oxford chose to overlook after they interviewed you. You also only have 9a*s at gcse :wink:
Haha, must be a nice position to be in. Though the Bath rejection is more :lolwut:
Reply 6
Jinru
Actually ur academics is strong. Hmmm...

Most likely it's due to your PS not showing a strong interest in the Pure Econ course they offer.

This.

Many people get offers from Oxford/Cambridge but get rejected by LSE and vice-versa.
Reply 7
Erm, you don't have A-level Economics, do you? I'm not sure that's reason enough not to give you an offer but it may have contributed
Reply 8
-WhySoSerious?
Haha, firm UCL and put your insurance as Oxford.

Legendary.

Haha that would be so funny.. on a serious note though what the hell DO i put as my insurance :P

explosions hurt
Maybe they (unfairly) doubted your enthusiasm for economics as you didnt chose to study it to at least AS level. It is a really competitive course and acceptence from oxford doesn't guarantee entry to the LSE. Perhaps you made a boo boo on your personal statement that oxford chose to overlook after they interviewed you. You also only have 9a*s at gcse :wink:

Yeah.. :/ although I did make it explicit that my school doesn't offer Economics. I think it is probably either a personal statement thing or in all seriousness not enough A* GCSE'S :p:
Reply 9
Happens all the time, and in reverse too!
or they had an international who had the same achievements as you did, taking the international makes more sense 'cuz they want more kaching kaching $$
btw big congrats on oxford offer =)
Id say LSE reject more Oxbridge than the other way around, and for the TC id firm UCL and insurance OXford.
Reply 13
I got an offer last year from Oxford for French and Linguistics, but was turned down by Durham :yes: Different universities have different criteria for admission; the Oxbridge selection process is pretty rigorous, so even if one aspect of your application is perhaps weak, you have more of a chance to demonstrate your capabilities in other areas. Durham don't even interview for French, so all they had to go on was my PS and reference.

Don't dwell on it too much, you've got some great offers there! You can always ask for feedback if you're interested, but this time next year it really won't have much significance anymore :smile:
Reply 14
kylesawhney
Hey guys :smile: So i got an offer from LMH and tbh would 110% not have accepted an offer from LSE.. but regardless I was wondering what your opinions were on why they decided not to give me an offer?

All my academic info is in my profile :smile:

That's not that bad; I know someone who was rejected from MANCHESTER with an offer from Oxford!
Reply 15
kylesawhney
Hey guys :smile: So i got an offer from LMH and tbh would 110% not have accepted an offer from LSE.. but regardless I was wondering what your opinions were on why they decided not to give me an offer?

All my academic info is in my profile :smile:

LSE has almost 15 applications per place, Oxford only has 6. So the answer clearly lies in competition for places.
my english teacher told me that sometimes universities automatically reject you if they find out that you applied to oxford, may not be the case but thats what happened with my teacher! well done on the offer to oxford though - WOW! xxx
Different courses want different things.

I was rejected by UCL but made an offer by Cambridge (both interviewed for medicine.)
Reply 18
yoyo462001
Id say LSE reject more Oxbridge than the other way around, and for the TC id firm UCL and insurance OXford.

TC?
Reply 19
what happened with bath? :O

Latest

Trending

Trending