The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I expect to do the answers on Monday (so long as school is open).
Reply 2
Mr M
I expect to do the answers on Monday (so long as school is open).

thanks Mr.M :smile: legend....will be repping once you've done them!! as usual
Reply 3
OMIGOSH OMIGOSH ITS TOMORROW!
I am so nervous! :eek:

*Is resitting :rolleyes:*

EDIT: 11TH JAN after exam!

OMG I JUST CAME OUT OF THE EXAM O__O

It was the most challenging C1 paper EVER!

What answers did you guys get?
My centre was (-3,2) and radius as root17
K was +/- 3
n in question 4 was -1
for the last question i got x = 35/16 and x= 3, -11/3
OH YEA QUESTION 7, I picked graphs 1,3,2 in that order xD part iii) I think I put down x^2-9=y but I think its wrong D:
for question 5 I think I had (4+/-root3)^2
for question 8 on simultanious equations one of my x's was -1/3
I found 'a' to be 1.3
Reply 4
Really desperate help needed with these two questions? thank you to anyone who can help!

Jan 05 - question 10 v)

Use the results of parts iii) and iv) to show that the circle which passes through D,E, and F has equation x^2 + y^2 - 3y -4 = 0.

D (-2,0) E (0,-1) F (2,3)For reference these were the question parts iii) and iv) that ive already done:
iii) by calculating gradient of EF show that DEF is a right angled triangle
iv) calculate the length of DF.

June05 - question 10

10iv) given that 24x + 3y + 2 = 0 is the equation of the tangent to the curve at the point (p,q), find p and q.
For reference again these are the previous parts of the question that i have already done.
i) given y = 1/3x^3 - 9x find dy/dx
ii)find coordinates of stationary points on the curve y = 1/3 x^3 - 9x
iii) determine whether each stationary point is a maximum or minimum point.
Reply 5
okaay ive found the markschemes on free exam papers but they dont help because the 05 mark schemes have been mucked up and dont have the answers for these questions! ARGH!
Reply 6
okay second question is done! Just need help with the first now? anyoneee? thank you!
Try the mathematics forum (rather than maths exams) and pose your questions one at a time. You may need to explain what you have done so far.
Reply 8
hey im also retaking tomorrow. have you done many papers?
Reply 9
I've already sat this paper 3 times, first time i got a C second and third time I got an A, i only missed my A overall at A level by 5 marks though so I need 88 UMS tomorrow. For the last 3 exams i'd done every past paper from Jan 05 until the time of the exam except this time i've done about 5 or 6.
Reply 10
OMG I JUST CAME OUT OF THE EXAM O__O

It was the most challenging C1 paper EVER!

What answers did you guys get?
My centre was (-3,2) and radius as root17
K was +/- 3
n in question 4 was -1
for the last question i got x = 35/16 and x= 3, -11/3
OH YEA QUESTION 7, I picked graphs 1,3,2 in that order xD part iii) I think I put down x^2-9=y but I think its wrong D:
for question 5 I think I had (4+/-root3)^2
for question 8 on simultanious equations one of my x's was -1/3
I found 'a' to be 1.3 :biggrin:
Reply 11
Mr. M do you have the question paper? I'd like to see this :biggrin:
Reply 12
Anyone? D:
Just came out of the exam room for the C1 exam and wondering what everyone else thinks of the paper. Personally, i found it pretty easy up to the last two questions which had a few tricky things in, but overall, as it was C1, it was pretty basic. Wondering what everyone also got for the last part of the last question. There is a big debate at my school atm, and a lot of people got root 10, a lot of people got root 19, and we cant work it out as we forgot the question.

LEave your views and opinions. Overall, it was a hard C1 Paper.
Reply 14
I flopped C1 MEI paper just now. Anyone else flopped? Most marks I could have gotten was 37. ****, I'm such an idiot......
I did!

I got 80 last january but wanted to boost up my UMS.

Might go down this year! :frown:
Reply 16
This was hard :frown:
well, it was a very hard C1 paper. i reckon i dropped 5 marks. I missed out 11 part (iv), got the super easy polynomial mapping question wrong by missing out minus sign, and i think i may have dropped a mark on the last question but i dont know. we'll see. **** hard for c1 though. grade boundaries will be low :biggrin:
Does this mean the summer C1 exam will be **** off hard as well? :frown:
i just did c2. feel like finding the highest cliff. fml

Latest

Trending

Trending