The Student Room Group

Can I apply for the March round after being rejected in the October round?

I applied for a place at Hughes Hall in October, and I thought my interview went fairly well, but I found out last week I didn't make it in.
I currently have a home (and career) in Cambridge, so I'm not interested in leaving the city⸺and I don't like the ARU course⸺so UoC is the only uni I'm interested in. I'm wondering if I can apply to one of the mature colleges in the March cycle, or if I would have to wait until next year? If I can't apply to the same college for the same start date, could I apply for Wolfson's March round, for example?
in my experience, you can only apply once in each admission cycle. because you have to apply through UCAS and you cannot add Cambridge as a new choice as it is already one of your 5 choices.

do double check with hughes in case i am wrong though
Original post by patostonem
I applied for a place at Hughes Hall in October, and I thought my interview went fairly well, but I found out last week I didn't make it in.
I currently have a home (and career) in Cambridge, so I'm not interested in leaving the city⸺and I don't like the ARU course⸺so UoC is the only uni I'm interested in. I'm wondering if I can apply to one of the mature colleges in the March cycle, or if I would have to wait until next year? If I can't apply to the same college for the same start date, could I apply for Wolfson's March round, for example?

What would have changed in your application? Chances are it was your academic profile, so you'd probably be better signing up to something like a relevant OU module and re-applying next year, to a different College.

I don't think you can apply to both cycles, you have to scour the application pages, it's most likely on the March round pages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending