The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Wolfson College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pshard
this thread seems quite dead but worth a shot anyway - are there any 2019 offer holders for Wolfson out there?
Anybody have any info about Wolfson, I've heard mixed feedback about it, and would like to get some more insight...
... I heard its also not possible to change the college we have been placed in, or did I miss something?

No, it's not possible to change College.

Wolfson is a decent College. it's a little out of town, without shops or even a pub nearby, but it has its own community and it's not exactly a million miles out. It has a very international community, more than most colleges, and it works hard to support that diversity. The buildings might not be to everyone's taste, but the gardens and courts are lovely.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 141
Original post by threeportdrift
No, it's not possible to change College.

Wolfson is a decent College. it's a little out of town, without shops or even a pub nearby, but it has its own community and it's not exactly a million miles out. It has a very international community, more than most colleges, and it works hard to support that diversity. The buildings might not be to everyone's taste, but the gardens and courts are lovely.

I know you are giving good advice, but just to point out to those who aren't familiar with 'Cambridge distances', according to Google Maps the nearest pub to Wolfson (The Red Bull) is 8 minutes walk away, and virtually next door is a Co-op! I've found it is 20-30 minutes away from departments/colleges in the city centre?
I know it is relatively far out compared to King's or not near any supermarket unlike Sidney Sussex, but for someone whose undergraduate university campus required a half an hour walk to get from one side to another, it seems perfectly reasonable, and even if not I guess I have to remind myself at least I'm not at Girton!
Anyone here applied for 2020 application cycle heard back from Wolfson?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone here applied for 2020 application cycle heard back from Wolfson?

I applied this year. Hopefully, they respond by the end of the month! The wait is killing me Q_Q
Reply 144
I heard back from them last week. I've an interview scheduled for Dec. 9. Are you a home student?
Original post by oktos11
I heard back from them last week. I've an interview scheduled for Dec. 9. Are you a home student?

Yes I am a home student. Tbh my chances are low anyways so idm whatever happens.
Did anyone hear back after their interview?
Anyone thinking of applying for 2022? I heard there's upheaval, people leaving, strange stuff happening.
Does anyone know what the accommodation is like in the houses (Chadwick, Norton etc)? How big are the kitchens? Thanks!
Hi! is this thread active? any wolfson applicants waiting on offers? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone thinking of applying for 2022? I heard there's upheaval, people leaving, strange stuff happening.

any more info on this?
Ahoy! Just thought to pop in to try my luck—anyone headed to Wolfson this October?

MPhil English here looking to connect while we wait. Can't believe it's almost June. :smile:
is anyone alive on this thread? i originally applied to clare for english for 2024 but got pooled into wolfson for 2025, as i’m 20, so older than the standard applicants, but not a mature student until next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending