The Student Room Group

Confused with an offer i've been given

I can't decide whether this means 260 points from 3 A2 level subjects, or 260 points total from my two years at 6th form. My student advisor says that it means over the two years at 6th form, but it says 'must be obtained from 3 GCE A level'

HELP:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points

260 points must be obtained from a maximum of 3 GCE A Level qualifications or
equivalent
including

80 points from Scientific or Numerate subject/s - see on-line prospectus for
details
Reply 1
Gibson01
I can't decide whether this means 260 points from 3 A2 level subjects, or 260 points total from my two years at 6th form. My student advisor says that it means over the two years at 6th form, but it says 'must be obtained from 3 GCE A level'

HELP:

This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points

260 points must be obtained from a maximum of 3 GCE A Level qualifications or
equivalent
including

80 points from Scientific or Numerate subject/s - see on-line prospectus for
details
Assuming you took 4 AS levels and 3 A2s, you could meet the offer with CCC at A2 (3x80 points = 240) and an E at AS (20 points). It seems a bit strange to put a limit on the number of A2s, but perhaps that's to prevent you from meeting the offer with CDDD. It seems to be just a complicated way of saying that you must have a minimum of CCC or equivalent (eg BCD) plus an AS :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks! Well i got a C (History) at AS which is 40 points. Plus, it accepts General Studies which i got a B in. So there's a total of 90 points at AS.

Just to clarify, is it stating if i therefore get 170 points at A2, i will be accepted? That doesn't sound very pressurising, which is always a good thing.

I've been predicted ABB; this is just an insurance choice in case i get declined at Newcastle University (Partners Scheme)
Reply 3
Gibson01
Thanks! Well i got a C (History) at AS which is 40 points. Plus, it accepts General Studies which i got a B in. So there's a total of 90 points at AS.

Just to clarify, is it stating if i therefore get 170 points at A2, i will be accepted? That doesn't sound very pressurising, which is always a good thing.

I've been predicted ABB; this is just an insurance choice in case i get declined at Newcastle University (Partners Scheme)
Sounds like it - as long as 80 of them are in 'scientific or numerate' subjects - whatever that's supposed to mean :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending