The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Today - Actually get to the other side of town to pick up a package that I was supposed to pick up more than a week ago.
This week -Maybe actually study for my linguistics exam.
This month -Actually pass my exams.
Next 3/6 months -Not fail the year and actually raise some money for the summer. + manage to play Layla on guitar.
This year - Get a better grip of myself.
Next 3 years -...Graduate? Know what I want to do with my life? Hopefully at that point I've already explored most possibilities(the ones that I'm interested in, that is) and start following a stable plan.
Next 10 years -I always thought I'd be dead by then.
Next 20 years - ^...rot happily?
Today - go to bed before 6am, read the simarillion, learn more russsian grammar, complete level of game, vacuum bedroom, do homework
This week - revise, finish painting my paper lampshade,
This month -buy a new winter coat, re-decorate bedroom, go to church once
Next 3/6 months - a levels, buy a laptop, re-roof the shed
This year - buy my brother an ipod, uni, buy new clothes, be cool
Next 3 years -retain morals, attain fluency in another language, be nice to parents and visit grandmother in brazil
Next 10 years -become a good chemist, marry someone who doesn't annoy me, travel alot, have at least 3 months salary in the bank at all times
Next 20 years - be good to my brothers, have a couple of children, never exceed 10 stones, avoid diabetes, get a pet llama, speak many languages, grade 4 piano, live and die abroad, bequeath money and house to children

Thanks OP. That was useful to think about.
Today - Get my new betta settled into his tank (assuming he arrives in one piece)
This week - Do my reading for Friday and get some LGBT stuff sorted
This month - Prepare for LGBT History Month, start work on my new 'scape for my planted tank and work out a decent dosing plan for my new ferts.
Next 3/6 months - Get a 2:1 in my degree, lose 3 stone and find somewhere new for us to live
This year - Start breeding bettas (if my conscience will allow), get a 4-5 foot tank sorted, get a job that I enjoy and that will pay for my next degree
Next 3 years - earn for a second degree, take a few OATA courses, start working on The Plan
Next 10 years - Put The Plan into action
Next 20 years - Be happy and hopefully, sucessful.

The Plan - set up my own aquatics centre, aquatics adoption and rehoming project and small scale breeding project. I aim to breed a lot of my own stock, import quality stock or source from other small-scale breeders and run a little adoption centre for water critters who are unwanted, sick or disabled. I want to educate people on fish-friendly ways of keeping pet fish and why things like flushing fish or putting loads of fish in a new tank are bad.
GoblinSoul
That sentence is hilarious for some reason. :p:

By "flushing fish" do you mean disposing of them after they die? Why is that bad?

Well, for a start it adds additional physical waste to the system that is unlikely to break down in transit and thus could end up causing a blockage. Secondly, it risks introducing diseases to the water supply and thus to local aquatic life. Thirdly, the fish may not be dead and thus this causes a great level of stress and suffering. Fourthly, some people intentionally flush live fish.

A lady came into work and admitted to flushing her sick male molly to "put him out of his misery". Nasty way to die . . .
Reply 24
Today - Get overdue assignment in. Not started.
This week - Seduce someone. It's going fairly well.
This month - Find jobs, both short term and long term
Next 3/6 months - Try to reduce the debt I'm running up.
This year - Have my own flat, or at least a very comfortable one shared with someone I genuinely like.
Next 3 years - Be secure in where I live; have acquired some nice things and have a decently paying job. Travel properly.
Next 10 years - Properly on the good ol' property ladder (yes, a lot of my ambitions are for bricks and mortar)
Next 20 years - I really don't have a ******* clue. Don't think I haven't thought about it, I really have - but beyond a comfortable lifestyle economically and, I suppose, good friends and a job I can tolerate... well, I don't really need much more. Is that enough? Maybe it is. I don't know.
Today - Arghhhh try and walk up the stairss. Destination bedd!
This week - Ermm getting what is rightfully mine; )
This month - Buy an ipod, get a contract and a laptop!
Next 3/6 months -Hhm, get paid. Voluntary work. &MORE.
This year - Woahhhh ermm, practice my faith better, achieve in everything i pursue and last but not least get meself a boyfriend. Loneliness is a drag lol.
Next 3 years -Hopefully be at uni, acieving best possible and studying(_) Still not made up my mind.
Well theres another objective!(: x
Next 10 years - Hopefully have a job, not relying on no-one cept me and myself. &have a husband by then O.o
Next 20 years - By this time, a proud mother and wife with a stable family home and a jobb. if I am alive by then lool(:
Reply 26
My plan involves you all.
Today - work out why my php code is not working for a client's website
This week - enjoy the next few nights out
This month - book Barcelona for March, actually get to the gym, go to Coventry
Next 3/6 months - finish placement, get a part time summer job
This year - ENJOY SUMMER doing anything and everything random, including some travelling. Back to uni for second year and start dissertation. Organise New Year plans in advance for a change :biggrin:
Next 3 years - Graduate, travel a bit, get a graduate job in my career field, move out - buy/rent depending on savings
Next 10 years - Married with at least one child if not more :smile:
Next 20 years - Still married :p: with 2-3 children, good career, nice house, HAPPY!

:biggrin:
Today - Relax, watch DVDs
This week - Relax
This month - Get back into my schedule, get back into reading
Next 3/6 months - Pass this semester's modules with flying colours
This year - Pass all modules in semester 2 of year 1 and semester 1 of year 2
Next 3 years - Get a First in my degree
Next 10 years - Get an MSc and a PhD, get a research posting outside of academia or work as a lecturer/researcher at a university
Next 20 years - Work for the British Antarctic Survey in some capacity

:awesome:

Life is good.
Today - Get Through Work
This week - Think About Uni
This month - See Avatar Again, Work Loads
Next 3/6 months - Enjoy Myself, Go To London
This year - Do Everything I Am Wanting To Do This Year
Next 3 years - Hopefully Have My Plans For My Future Sorted Out Or Be On The Road To My Future
Next 10 years - Enjoy Myself And Hopefully Acheive Everything I Am Wanting To, Be In A Comfortable Situation
Next 20 years - Hopefully Love My Life In Terms Of Health, Job, Ambitions
Reply 30
Today - DO SOME WORK!!
This week - Revise some more! Also finish extended project. :s-smilie:
This month - Do well in my physics exam
Next 3/6 months - Get that guy. :ninja:
This year - Go to uni. :biggrin:
Next 3 years - Do well at uni, make lots of new friends there, and enjoy myself.
Next 10 years - Get a good job that I love. DHave no idea what that'll be yet!
Next 20 years - Enjoy life and make the most out of it. :smile:

I have just realised that none of these options involve me being on TSR. :sigh:
Reply 31
TSR sub
TSR mini-mod
TSR super-mod
Head of TSR
Today - Finish this Econ work and do Politics essay
This week - Catch up on missed exams then sleeppppppp all weekend
This month - Get on top of training and work again. Back in the Oxford grove, shall we say.
Next 3/6 months - Actually learn to like 1/3 of my degree
This year - Decide how the hell I'm going to achieve the stupid dream I have
Next 3 years - Graduate and formulate a mighty plan.
Next 10 years - Actually live that dream of mine
Next 20 years - Be somewhere more interesting than here. If I'm still alive that is.
Reply 33
To marry soon and stay with my lovely wife the whole life..:smile:
Reply 34
Today - Get a good nights sleep. I'm knackered.
This week - Complete Uncharted 2. Get a haircut.
This month - Complete Zelda Spirit Tracks.
Next 3/6 months - Buy a flat.
This year - Learn to drive.
Next 3 years - Get a girlfriend.
Next 10 years - Co-habit/get married to girlfriend.
Next 20 years - Kids?

Not really very imaginative, but that's what I'd like.
Reply 35
punktopia
My plan involves you all.

Care to elaborate? :p:
For..

Today - Well today has mostly ended but I figure I'll go for a drive at some point.
This week - Pass CBT next week!
This month - Settle in well/please employers at new job
Next 3/6 months - Save lots of money for Uni at new job and make new friends
This year - Make sure I have as much fun as possible (seeing as this is my gap year)
Next 3 years - Be on track for getting a 1:1
Next 10 years - Get a job that pays well with good career prospects and meet someone who I'd like to settle down with.
Next 20 years - Become comfortably wealthy, marry someone special and raise a few children.
Today - Get my macro homework done.
This week - Fill in and send off at least 2 internship applications -_-"
This month - Get on top of all my uni work.
Next 3/6 months - Get at least 3 2:1's in my June exams.
This year - Baaah.
Next 3 years - Graduated with at least 2:1 and have a decent, stable job.
Next 10 years - Settled down, financially secure, with a young family.
Next 20 years - Happy :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending