The Student Room Group

Will chemistry or computer science a levels be more useful in the future

I already decided to pick physics and mathematics in a levels but I am left with a decision to take either computer science or chemistry . I want to pursue engineering and want to have more options but on the other hand I like computer science . I want to know which one will be more useful to get in universities then get a job .
Original post by ZerefXD
I already decided to pick physics and mathematics in a levels but I am left with a decision to take either computer science or chemistry . I want to pursue engineering and want to have more options but on the other hand I like computer science . I want to know which one will be more useful to get in universities then get a job .
If it is engineering you want to pursue, having chemistry will help broaden your options. Don't do CS unless you plan on doing it at uni. If you ever decide to do CS at uni you have maths (sufficient). In terms of getting a job, A levels might not matter as much then.
Reply 2
Original post by ZerefXD
If you have a direction, ambition or plan, then choose the A-level that best suits the need of that plan. However, if you don't have a plan (most don't) choose the A-level that either you enjoy the most or sounds most interesting to you.

They don't tell you this, but the choices you make now are not set in stone. You can do A-levels at any time in your life. So don't worry about what you think you may or may not be missing out on in the long term future and instead focus your energy on the short to medium term.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest