The Student Room Group

If i don't eat every 3 hours at least, my stomach hurts loads. Why?

aaa
Reply 1
Have you noticed what food you last eat before you get bloated etc?

As you may have a food tolerance of some sort. Worth going to see your GP about if you're in a lot of pain/uncomfortable.
Reply 2
Eat? You're supposed to eat every 2 to 3 hours for your metabolism, so your body might just be letting you know that it needs energy.
Reply 3
Yer, I find this too. I have very low blood pressure as well so generally try and eat more, but of course I can't manage it! Drives me mad at school
Ines24
Eat? You're supposed to eat every 2 to 3 hours for your metabolism, so your body might just be letting you know that it needs energy.

Exactly. OP has got to be joking with this question.
You're supposed to eat six small meals a day for several reasons; not feeling hungry is one of them.
I think fruit can make you gassy and bloated anyway so I think what you say is normal. Perhaps you have a mild intolerance to something you eat. Perhaps you need a lil more carbs? Just fruit and veg alone cannot sustain you for as long as you expect them to.
Reply 6
This is called acid reflux. I had it in a severe form in the past as I used to not only have pain in my stomach but also vomit for hours. The reason for me was irregular eating habits with long gaps between meals because I was very busy at university and had not much time for eating.

It would be good at first to stop eating or drinking acidic things like ketchup, orange jus, especially on a empty stomach. It would also be good to not let your stomac empty. I always keep a box of biscuits or cookies with me, so whenever I feel hungry I eat some. It really works and haven't got stomach pain since years now.

Have a look at the article from the following link to have more info:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Acid-Reflux-and-Diet

best wishes :smile:
Reply 7
*Star*Guitar*
Exactly. OP has got to be joking with this question.
You're supposed to eat six small meals a day for several reasons; not feeling hungry is one of them.

6 Meals a day? Really? I thought it was 3, with some snacks....

Anyway, I have this same problem but they can't find anything other than just a fast metabolism. I've learnt to cope with it, by always having something to snack on in my bag, so if it gets too much you can have a quick snack walking between lessons (thats what i had to do at school, at uni its much easier as you get a lot more free time)

If you eat breakfast, something at break, lunch and when you get home you should be ok, but the backup snack is always a good idea i found :biggrin:
Sorry i dont have any answers, but at least maybe a way to cope with it if you can't fix it?

x
Reply 8
Tapeworm??
Reply 9
reflux by the sounds of things. Can be caused by a bacteria which you need to take antibiotics to get rid of. You should go to your GP to get this checked out.
Reply 10
Kinkei
I drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruit and veg, very healthy.

if i don't eat every 3 hrs or so, at least, i seem to get very gassy, bloated, and it's a painful and uncomfortable feeling. Why is that?

What can i do to prevent this?

Acid reflux perhaps...

Where is it painful? Also do you smoke?

What sort of foods do you eat? Spicy foods etc. Avoid foods that do cause it.

When you eat don't lay down and if you get it during the night then do not eat any food for 3 hours before.
I have the same issue. I have to eat every 2 hours or so or my stomach cramps. It hurts but once I eat something I am fine. Ive been told my metabolidm is reaaaally fast (mesomorph ) so I have to eat a lot of fat and proteins. I eat around 5 big meals a day plus the snacks. But the fact that I mostly eat homemade food helps to diminish the hunger.

Quick Reply

Latest