The Student Room Group

What nationality are you?

Scroll to see replies

Dual Irish/British, spent time at both. My identity's a bit confusing, I'm not that sure which I am, when I hear English people attacking Ireland I get very defensive, but I get very defensive when I hear Irish people attacking England too. It's always mostly unjustified as the two have more in common than they'd like to think.
Irish
Reply 1382
Malaysian Chinese, Any Malaysian study in DUNDEE coming September 2011 ?? lol , PM me a hi :wink:
im nepali
nationality - American!

ethnicity - basically a Western and Northern European mutt with a little bit of Eastern Europe thrown in.
Original post by green chica
nationality - American!

ethnicity - basically a Western and Northern European mutt with a little bit of Eastern Europe thrown in.

that sounds interesting! :smile: Which countries do you mean with Western and Northern European?
Filipino! (1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Spanish if that even makes a difference people say I look Korean...)
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: well, I'm American, so... who knows?:confused: My best guess: Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, German, various other things? "Kentuckian" is the furthest back we know for one side of the family.:rolleyes:
Reply 1388
Malawian
Original post by theaustriangirl
that sounds interesting! :smile: Which countries do you mean with Western and Northern European?

oh dear. okay, it's a long list.

i have ancestors from:

Ireland
England
France
Germany
Norway
Sweden (my parents actually have a super old bible written in Swedish that also has a picture of, we assume, some relative of my dad)
Denmark (i think...)
Austria
Czech Republic

and i think that's it. there could be more, it's just kinda hard to keep track of all the different countries. :tongue:
Original post by green chica
oh dear. okay, it's a long list.

i have ancestors from:

Ireland
England
France
Germany
Norway
Sweden (my parents actually have a super old bible written in Swedish that also has a picture of, we assume, some relative of my dad)
Denmark (i think...)
Austria
Czech Republic

and i think that's it. there could be more, it's just kinda hard to keep track of all the different countries. :tongue:

:adore: yes that is quite a list! The more diverse, the better I guess... And I see my home country in your list as well :biggrin: You see, Austrians are everywhere.. :ninjagirl:
Reply 1391
1/2 English
1/2 American

Ancestors in France, Germany, Ireland and Switzerland.
Reply 1392
Lithuanian, from Lithuania,but next year I am going to study in England. :smile:))
Reply 1393
I'm Norwegian, and have lived in Norway all my life.
My blood is 100% Korean ...
BUT^^
I was born and I've always lived in Italy (I spend my summer holidays in Korea almost every year),
and my "first language" is rather German than Korean, as all my friends' mothertongue is German. I live in South Tyrol, where half of the population speaks German. ^^
Reply 1395
British :|
Reply 1396
Country of Birth: Zimbabwe
Nationality: British
My mum is fully Scottish
My dad used to be have Zimbabwean nationality but now has British nationality

On my dad's side of the family I have heritage from South Africa, England, Germany, and Portugal/Spain/Italy (not sure which but one of my great-grandparents was called 'Ricardo' so I'm guessing he was from one of those countries.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1397
I'm a portuguse/brazilian dual citizen :biggrin:
i am English...:smile:
British.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest