Really near!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Everything in exeter is pretty close :smile: especially the uni bits
Reply 3
15 min walk for each.

Because the city itself is rather small, pretty much everything is within walking distance. The existing maps don't really convey how close everything is. I can walk from my house, which is slap bang in the city centre (2 minute walk from the cathedral) to St Lukes in about 15 mins (a regular walk for me!).

Edit: I should also say that the walks themselves can be pleasant. The walk from St Lukes to the city centre (through Magdalen Street) is leafy and littered with quirky shops and cafes (it's probably the most expensive part of Exeter - St Leonards). The walk from Streatham to the city centre (past the clock tower) is also very attractive, and also full of little shops and pubs half way there. The main thing to worry about is the size of the main campus and where you will be living/studying in it!!! My GOD, if you are based on the far end of the campus you'll spend just as much time walking to your destination as you would getting to the campus itself!.
Reply 4
I timed it once (don't ask!) and I can walk from the middle of one campus to the middle of the other in twenty-four minutes. And I walk pretty slowly.
Reply 5
Max Hinks
As someone who lives in Exeter, I can tell you now, they are NOT 15 mins away from each other. They're about 30 mins walking.

I took The Boosh's answer to mean that either one is about 15 mins from the city centre, which is in between the two, if that makes sense.
Reply 6
Persipan
I took The Boosh's answer to mean that either one is about 15 mins from the city centre, which is in between the two, if that makes sense.

That;s what I meant :smile:
Reply 7
Max Hinks
As someone who lives in Exeter, I can tell you now, they are NOT 15 mins away from each other. They're about 30 mins walking. If you walk into town, about 10 mins from the Uni, and then get a Bus ( of which they're about 4 different ones you could get) it'll take about 15 mins, that's assuming your bus is there, no traffic, no traffic lights etc.

They're not particularly close to be fair, a fair bit of hassle to get too.

To clarify, living in Exeter, my understanding of close will be vastly different to someone living in a bigger city. But it will still take you at least 30 mins of walking. And yeah, the walk is nice the first time, but for someone who walks up and down queen street, past the clock tower at least twice a day, every day, you get very bored, very annoyed, very quickly. Clock tower is where Exeter College is, which is a 6th form for about 12,000 kids. And we are everywhere. And we will piss you off.

Thank god i'm leaving Exeter.

Easy tiger. I too live in Exeter, and have done for 8 years. In fact, as a student I bought a house in the city centre (less then 2 mins walk from the cathedral). I know how long it takes me to walk to my campus from my city-centre house, having walked that journey for a few years.

Edit: I too attended Exeter College, and wasn't annoyed by the students in the slightest. 12,000 students do NOT go to the same building on the same day. As you well know.

If you are so frustrated with small places, why did you apply to Durham (even smaller than Exeter) and Warwick (which isn't even in a town or city, but an Exeter University-sized campus in the country) ? RHUL is also well outside of London. I assure you, you will be walking the same routes day in day out at these universities,.
Reply 8
The Boosh
Easy tiger. I too live in Exeter, and have done for 8 years. In fact, as a student I bought a house in the city centre (less then 2 mins walk from the cathedral). I know how long it takes me to walk to my campus from my city-centre house, having walked that journey for a few years.

Edit: I too attended Exeter College, and wasn't annoyed by the students in the slightest. 12,000 students do NOT go to the same building on the same day. As you well know.

If you are so frustrated with small places, why did you apply to Durham (even smaller than Exeter) and Warwick (which isn't even in a town or city, but an Exeter University-sized campus in the country) ? RHUL is also well outside of London. I assure you, you will be walking the same routes day in day out at these universities,.

Warwick isn't in Warwick. It's in Coventry. Also because despite what it may have sounded like, it really isn't a big deal. I also I said " for about 12,000 kids" I didn't suggest that all 12,000 of them are there in the same building, but a good 6-8000 will be, and well that annoys me.

I never said I was frustrated with small places either, just with Exeter, and that is probably down to my resent for my current college course. I had no intention of starting a vendetta against Exeter, just IMO I find that walk really irritating.

"I know how long it takes me to walk to my campus from my city-centre house, having walked that journey for a few years."

I did not suggest you didn't, merely that it wasn't right to suggest that Streatham and St Lukes are 15 minutes apart, which evidently I misunderstood, and you meant that the two are 15 minutes apart from the City Centre.
Reply 9
Max Hinks
Warwick isn't in Warwick. It's in Coventry. Also because despite what it may have sounded like, it really isn't a big deal. I also I said " for about 12,000 kids" I didn't suggest that all 12,000 of them are there in the same building, but a good 6-8000 will be, and well that annoys me.

I never said I was frustrated with small places either, just with Exeter, and that is probably down to my resent for my current college course. I had no intention of starting a vendetta against Exeter, just IMO I find that walk really irritating.

"I know how long it takes me to walk to my campus from my city-centre house, having walked that journey for a few years."

I did not suggest you didn't, merely that it wasn't right to suggest that Streatham and St Lukes are 15 minutes apart, which evidently I misunderstood, and you meant that the two are 15 minutes apart from the City Centre.

Fair doos.

I too found Exeter College a pile of pants (but I was based in the building opposite Central station, not the larger, refurbished and extended building near the clock tower). I was very frustrated when taking exams in a school hall beside GCSE students.

I guess because Exeter uni's main campus is flooded with degree students I never really notice a particularly large college community (the student numbers are somewhat similar). In fact, to me, there is more of a university presence than a college presence in the area.

BTW, I know where the University of Warwick is :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending