The Student Room Group

How do I change my old habbits:/

Hey guys,

Well my Mum just had the biggest go at me because I have to pay for my Chemistry exam, which is £60 due to poor attendance.

The reason I have to pay is because from Septemeber to Jan I did listen to my teacher, but didn't really pay that much attention. I know that the best way I revise is to go through the textbook so I know how the exam board wants me to answer a specific question ect ect. Now due to my lack of concentration I had to take a "study leave", for about 2 weeks and cram the holy hell out of that exam. It went okay but I know I would have got raped if I didn't take time out.

My question is, how can I make my learning more effective? my teachers all think I'm retarded because I get like D's and E's in the stage/mock exams but perform a hell of alot better when it comes to the real thing.

Thanks
Perhaps start revising early? The earlier you learn the material, the easier it is to revise it later and you won't need to take time off school to revise before the exams. I'd say start learning the material even if you haven't covered it in class, it makes the whole process a lot easier as you've had longer to understand the ideas.

Latest