The Student Room Group

Help with offers

Hey

Okay heres the situation, i don't do maths at A-level, but i got good grades at GCSE. Im doing a BTEC National diploma in games development, which i regret to some extent, however thats not important aha. (Although i do take the AQA Free standing maths qualification)

Okay so i applied for comp sci at:

Royal holloway - foundation year (DDD)
UEA - foundation year (MMM)
Nottingham - BSC (or oppertunity to move to MSci) - DDM
Manchester - declined
Hull - got a conditional, but hasn't showed up in UCAS yet

Im stuck on which uni to choose, i had my heart set on royal holloway but they want DDD and i have calculated what i will get at the end of the year and it is going to be DDM without a chance of getting DDD. I got an e-mail from the head of the SFY admissions at RHUL, and it stated if i had any pressing questions i could contact him. Would it be worth getting in touch with him and explainng my situation? Or not?

Also another point is that, i feel if i was to choose nottingham if RHUL was out of the picture, because it dosn't have the foundation year my maths would not be up to scratch and i might struggle. Any views on this?

Any help would be great, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
sgoodwin
Hey

Okay heres the situation, i don't do maths at A-level, but i got good grades at GCSE. Im doing a BTEC National diploma in games development, which i regret to some extent, however thats not important aha. (Although i do take the AQA Free standing maths qualification)

Okay so i applied for comp sci at:

Royal holloway - foundation year (DDD)
UEA - foundation year (MMM)
Nottingham - BSC (or oppertunity to move to MSci) - DDM
Manchester - declined
Hull - got a conditional, but hasn't showed up in UCAS yet

Im stuck on which uni to choose, i had my heart set on royal holloway but they want DDD and i have calculated what i will get at the end of the year and it is going to be DDM without a chance of getting DDD. I got an e-mail from the head of the SFY admissions at RHUL, and it stated if i had any pressing questions i could contact him. Would it be worth getting in touch with him and explainng my situation? Or not?

Also another point is that, i feel if i was to choose nottingham if RHUL was out of the picture, because it dosn't have the foundation year my maths would not be up to scratch and i might struggle. Any views on this?

Any help would be great, thanks :smile:

go for royal holloway
Reply 2
bds007
go for royal holloway

Yeah i guess e-mailing them can't hurt? Not sure whether to contact now, or wing it and contact them at results
Reply 3
sgoodwin
Yeah i guess e-mailing them can't hurt? Not sure whether to contact now, or wing it and contact them at results

call asap

Latest

Trending

Trending