The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It seems wrong.
Reply 2
Why get something tattooed on yourself if you don't know what it means? It makes way for all kinds of mayhem, you should check out Hanzi Smatter http://www.hanzismatter.com/
Reply 3
Tefhel
Why get something tattooed on yourself if you don't know what it means? It makes way for all kinds of mayhem, you should check out Hanzi Smatter http://www.hanzismatter.com/

I don't want it in english because that way it makes it kind of private as most people will not know what it means except for me. Also I like the way arabic looks. I didn't post on here to read peoples opinions on what i should or shouldnt get tattooed on myself. I think I made my aims of this thread clear in my original post. I want help on a translation and nothing else.

K thanks.
I'm arabic and that translation isn't quite correct. This is more colloquial:
"لدي القضيب والمهبل."
Reply 5
Mr Sparkles
I'm arabic and that translation isn't quite correct. This is more colloquial:
"لدي القضيب والمهبل."

im sure you do
Reply 6
Why would you get a tattoo you can't even understand…
Reply 7
NicolePickle
I don't want it in english because that way it makes it kind of private as most people will not know what it means except for me. Also I like the way arabic looks. I didn't post on here to read peoples opinions on what i should or shouldnt get tattooed on myself. I think I made my aims of this thread clear in my original post. I want help on a translation and nothing else.

K thanks.
Hi Nicole. Do you have a particular form of Arabic you would like it in...or just Standard Arabic?
Reply 8
It says
"In my dreams I was looking for you"
Reply 9
Woomie
Hi Nicole. It does but it's not quite right. Do you have a particular form of Arabic you would like it in...or just Standard Arabic?

Thanks for your reply...If you can, would you be able to give me a translation in perhaps classical and standard Arabic?
Reply 10
Anatheme
Why would you get a tattoo you can't even understand…

This tattoo will mean a lot to me so Id rather have it so that only I will know what it says unless I choose to tell someone. I also think the style of Arabic is beautiful.
Reply 11
If you speak Arabic grow a pair of balls and give her the correct translation.
NicolePickle
can anyone verify that this say's "in my dreams i look for you" or something of those lines in arabic?

في أحلامي كنت أبحث عنك

thanks

It means In my dreams I was looking for you :smile:

Although usually it would be written: I was looking for you in my dreams

كنت أبحث عنك في أحلامي
Reply 13
NicolePickle
Thanks for your reply...If you can, would you be able to give me a translation in perhaps classical and standard Arabic?
Not at all.

I can do it in fertile crescent Arabic. I could try Classical (Quranic) but I may make a grammatical error, as it is quite different.

If your going to get a tattoo, I think your best bet is to have it translated professionally. it should only cost a few pounds.

http://www.makkitrans.co.uk/Calligraphy.htm
Reply 14
Woomie
Not at all.

I can do it in fertile crescent Arabic. I could try Classical (Quranic) but I may make a grammatical error, as it is quite different.

If your going to get a tattoo, I think your best bet is to have it translated professionally. it should only cost a few pounds.

http://www.makkitrans.co.uk/Calligraphy.htm

Well even if you could just give me a translation in standard arabic or which ever one you know would be fine...Just pleassse help haha :smile:
Reply 15
Seham

كنت أبحث عنك في أحلامي

This is the best reponse so far.

LOL at the other guy who is obsessed with diarrhoea :rofl:
People who get tattoos in languages they don't even understand and then claim that tattoo has personal significance are the worst kinds of people.
Reply 17
Seham

كنت أبحث عنك في أحلامي

Thanks I really appreciate it. Was starting to get a bit stressed with all the sillyness..haha :smile:
Reply 18
FyreFight
People who get tattoos in languages they don't even understand and then claim that tattoo has personal significance are the worst kinds of people.

So we're the worst kinds of people as opposed to murderers, rapists, terrorists....?
To be honest its none of your business what I get a tattoo of.
OP, why it has to be in arabic? you don't even know this language. I don't want to be harsh but doing a tattoo because it looks "nice" and mysterious is just cliché.

Latest

Trending

Trending