The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you don't know the difference, it suggests you haven't done any research so what makes you think you'd be interested in a career in either? One isn't "betta" than the other.
Sorry this reply may not seem too helpful but you know how it is - garbage in equals garbage out.
This is a crudely over-simplified explanation:

Diagnostic = imaging to highlight injury or disease using CT,MRI etc.

Therapy = providing treatment using radiation using the machinery for precise administration. For example, to shrink a tumour.

Loads of people go to City, but I don't practice so I couldn't comment. Some of my friends are radiographers and they say that the unis in big cities are the best as the hospital work experience stands you in good stead for practice. One summed it up like this: "working in A&E in Cardiff on a Friday night - you're going to see everything".
Reply 3
Omaradee
If you don't know the difference, it suggests you haven't done any research so what makes you think you'd be interested in a career in either? One isn't "betta" than the other.
Sorry this reply may not seem too helpful but you know how it is - garbage in equals garbage out.

i knw the difference but i wanted people who have done the course to tell me what's the major difference!!!! i've done my research but the deadlines are closed for diagnostic radiography and my onli option left is radiotherapy but i really wnna do diagnostic radiography so i wanted to know what the difference was!
Reply 4
The difference is huge. The only similarity is that both professions work with ionising radiation, hence why they are both called radiographers. You can't pick one one a whim if you fail to get into another and expect to enjoy it just as much. You need to get some placement experience in both to make a decision, really.

Latest