The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Adarah
My problem is normally with the shoe, not the heels themselves. That is, the backs normally dig into some scars I have on my foot or are generally uncomfortable and same for the rest of the shoe. I keep getting blisters from walking in such shoes. If they were comfortable I wouldn't mind high heels, they'd make my legs look longer and I could work out how to walk in them, but most high heel shoes are just uncomfortable.

i agree, high heeled shoes are tight and uncomfortable
Reply 21
Glory
how tall are your helenia? Im 5'8 around 176cm i find heels make my mom and sister seem even smaller, i think i get my height from my dad.

I'm about the same height. I do wear heels for going out and stuff, and I have a couple of v tall friends so it doesn't look too bad, but I just find them uncomfortable for more than a couple of hours. I was in agony at the May Ball even with the Party Feet things - they worked at reducing the burning pain in the balls of my feet but as a result of their thickness meant the top of my feet were crushed against the straps - owwie.

I only wear them for going out - I'd never wear them for every day - it's bad for your feet, ankles, knees and hips, not to mention posture, to do that.
Reply 22
I only wear them on special occasions. They KILL. The trouble is i'm a midget so i have to wear them more than most.
Reply 23
im not very tall, but i couldnt live without my heels ... i just got back from holiday and i was unpacking i realised i only had 2 pairs (out of 9) which were flat!! and mine are never kitten (dont lke them that much) ... so always in stilettos or wedges - basically always adding3inches to my height ... at least!!
ok ... you might be able to get away with not wearing heels, but chances are - depending on your height of course, that there might come a time when you will have to wear heels ...
tip - if you have to wear heels - prior to the event - say for 1-2 weeks - but not on the day you have to wear them - wear the heels for say 30 minutes at a time, maybe 2-3 times a day - it will help you get used to them, and help the shoe cushion around your foot!!
also ... try to save your high heeled shoes for functions where you will not be on your feet for a long period of time of time
oo...wedges are easier to manage than stilettos, so if you want to get used to heels, maybe get a chunkier heeled shoe to get used to the height and then slowly go over to a thinner heel(if you want)
Reply 24
Oh gosh, that just took me 10 minutes to read it all. :p: Thanks for the replies I agree on most of it, and thanks for the advice!

Hm yeah I'll practise walking in them before the nice weather ends. And it's true, boots can look elegant under a skirt, I found a nice pic of Andrea Corr wearing them hehe.

I was wrong btw, I'm 5'6'' (1m67) so I guess 5'8'' is a bit tall to wear very high heels.

Question: WHAT are kitten heels? :confused:
Reply 25
The kitten heel -- popularized by the beyond-chic Audrey Hepburn -- is a femme little heel, usually 1 ½ to 2 inches high, with a girlie little curve to it. It's a perfect medium between flats (sometimes just way too flat) and high heels (can you say "pain?").

Reply 26
Glory
Kitten heels are like stiletto(sp) heals but instead of being inchs high, there about an inch.

Oooh right everyone was wearing those a few months ago! I thought they looked weird. :redface:
weird?! every girls needs a pair (or hundred pairs) of kitten heels. perfect when you want more than flats but dont want to wear big heels. also perfect for girls who love wearing heels but have short boyfriends lol
Reply 28
im looking for some, id rather have some for my interviews later in the year. They need to be black and full shoe and pretty wide, since i have padles for feet :smile:
Reply 29
Soapysudds1
weird?! every girls needs a pair (or hundred pairs) of kitten heels. perfect when you want more than flats but dont want to wear big heels. also perfect for girls who love wearing heels but have short boyfriends lol

Hehehe I take it you have quite a couple. :wink: Well I don't have a short bf so will stick to mine! (My shoes, that is.)
Reply 30
Glory
im looking for some, id rather have some for my interviews later in the year. They need to be black and full shoe and pretty wide, since i have padles for feet :smile:

Try nice low boots? :smile: They still look good even if you're size 40, 41 (like me :frown: )
well woo hoo my boyfriends suddenly grown (im convinced!) so i can wear real heels n not be bigger than him lol!! but yeah i love shoes!
Reply 32
Glory

I love my Roberto Vianni ones! They're black, but somehow manage to look unique and pretty
Reply 33
Soapysudds1
well woo hoo my boyfriends suddenly grown (im convinced!)

LOL :biggrin: good for you.
Reply 34
Juno
I love my Roberto Vianni ones! They're black, but somehow manage to look unique and pretty

Am I the only one who doesn't know shoebrands? :confused: When someone asks me what my shoes are I say "Err, black?". It's like with cars. "it's err, big and red..."
thank you!! my mum cant wear big heels tho cos shes tall and my dads tiny so shes bigger than him in heels hee hee. moral of the story, dont date anyone smaller than yourself!!
Reply 36
hugatree
Am I the only one who doesn't know shoebrands? :confused: When someone asks me what my shoes are I say "Err, black?". It's like with cars. "it's err, big and red..."

I describe all my shoes by their make! Like if my sister asks me what shoes I'll wear with an outfit I'll say "my D&G ones" or whatever and she'll know what I mean!
Reply 37
Soapysudds1
thank you!! my mum cant wear big heels tho cos shes tall and my dads tiny so shes bigger than him in heels hee hee. moral of the story, dont date anyone smaller than yourself!!

True. :wink: I won't!
Reply 38
hugatree
Try nice low boots? :smile: They still look good even if you're size 40, 41 (like me :frown: )

ive tried some boots on when i was looking last weekend.. They were really tight around the bottom of my calfs. I even tried those suede sorta snowboot type things, i cant remember what they call them.
Reply 39
Juno
I describe all my shoes by their make! Like if my sister asks me what shoes I'll wear with an outfit I'll say "my D&G ones" or whatever and she'll know what I mean!

Hmm I should start remembering the stores where I found them! Oh man, with my bad memory. :p: Better buy them all in the same store...

No wait... :confused:

Latest