The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Vasaline is good, rub onto the area of your foot that you expect is gonna rub a blister. It puts a protective barrer and works with any summer shoe i wear.
Reply 2
Glory
Vasaline is good, rub onto the area of your foot that you expect is gonna rub a blister. It puts a protective barrer and works with any summer shoe i wear.

sounds like a plan! Theyre realllllllllllllllllly conmfy but I already have a blister after wearing em for 10 mins!
Reply 3
ouchie, i brought some leather flip flops from DP and ended up with a blister between the toe. Very painful, but vasline seems to prevent them for much longer than not wearing anything. I find new skin is great if you have blisters, much better than plasters and its waterproof, its alot like corn/veruca paint.
Reply 4
Glory
ouchie, i brought some leather flip flops from DP and ended up with a blister between the toe. Very painful, but vasline seems to prevent them for much longer than not wearing anything. I find new skin is great if you have blisters, much better than plasters and its waterproof, its alot like corn/veruca paint.

thanks!
Reply 5
Also if you get a blister between the toe - you can get these plasters that are v-shaped - made especially for flip flop rub!
Reply 6
You can get like moleskin stuff or strapping tape from Boots/Superdrug and put that on the band of your Birkenstocks and that stops them rubbing a bit.

Scholl do really good products for helping your feet..

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1063959

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1045451
iv had some for the past year which iv worn like mad, but it is only now that they have started giving me little blisters on the inside of each foot! madness! but they are super super comfy, and mine are PINK btw (useless info btw sorry!)
my feet are oddly shaped. i find Birkenstocks really painful! its better if i put a plaster on the place where it usually rubs.
Reply 9
I have pink ones too and love them and have found them to be the comfiest shoes ever!!!!!!!!

Hope i have not tempted fate to end up with a huge blister from wearing them now!!lol
Reply 10
Soapysudds1
iv had some for the past year which iv worn like mad, but it is only now that they have started giving me little blisters on the inside of each foot! madness! but they are super super comfy, and mine are PINK btw (useless info btw sorry!)

mine are black - they had a nice blue pair that were 10 quid off, but tey were abit bright for me so went for black which will go with anything. Have fallen arches in my feet so Birkenstocks are great as they have good orthotic kinda shape.......................I like the fact that you can have the soles ad inners redone when they were out as it'll be cheaper than buying a new pair!
Reply 11
wear them around the house continually, and eventually they just become the most comfortablet things imaginable. I do this with all my shoes (the heals and pyjamas went down a real treat!) and I don't get blisters :smile:
Reply 12
You can get some stuff that prevents blisters! I saw in the Boots magazine.

But Birkinstock's are very expensive and sposda be great, so I'd complain if they're giving you blisters.
Reply 13
Juno
You can get some stuff that prevents blisters! I saw in the Boots magazine.

But Birkinstock's are very expensive and sposda be great, so I'd complain if they're giving you blisters.

I' not too worried about em giving me listers - get em from mot new shoes I wear so its no major deal.

Yeah they are kinda expensive, but I suffer for foot problems as a result of fallen arches and just generally poor foot alignment, so they are good at they are built up in all the right places unlike normal flip flops................Theyll last me ages and be good for my feet so I;m not too worried about price
Reply 14
I think you should be worried, as good well fitting shoes should not give you blisters! And they are advertised as good for your feet which doubly means you shouldn't get blisters.
Reply 15
Juno
I think you should be worried, as good well fitting shoes should not give you blisters! And they are advertised as good for your feet which doubly means you shouldn't get blisters.

they're flip flop things and invitably they're gonna give you blisters (99% of the time) as they're oose on your feet so move around abit, causing friction with the skin...........once they loosen up the blisters will ceease
Reply 16
lessthanthree
I can't wear them. I'm too stumpy. Love them though.

How tall are you?
Reply 17
just wear them a bit at a time to break them in? i have a pair of birks, and they're lovely! the sales people say they'll be uncomfortable in the beginning.
Reply 18
JackieS
Anyone here got a pair? I bought some yesterday............................how did you stop em giving you blisters?!

I use savlon for everything !!! it really works

Latest