The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
munchie_rox
nothing wrong with a high fibre diet

Okay if that's what you like.
Reply 1181
Well there aren't that many unis better than it are there? The are less than 10 in the same league, e.g. lse, ox, imp, harv, yale, princeton, mit, stanford, and choosing which one is the very best is near impossible. It is, undoubtedly a world class university and probably the best in europe.

Moreover, I intend to study philosophy+history there if I get a place, and there is no university better for studying these two subjects.
Reply 1182
so..... where's all our second places if we don't get in?
Reply 1183
lizzzy`
My friend at Corpus had to run across the quad to get to the bathrooms in his second year...imagine that in the middle of winter!

:eek: !

lol @ high fibre comment :tongue: beans and toast is actually supposed to be a good meal nutrition wise :biggrin:
Reply 1184
fred86
so..... where's all our second places if we don't get in?

probs PPE @ york
Reply 1185
Lucy
:eek: !

lol @ high fibre comment :tongue: beans and toast is actually supposed to be a good meal nutrition wise :biggrin:

Hmm, really? Interesting. I don't eat beans.

Beans + beans + beans = Flatulence, apparently.
Need I say more.
Reply 1186
lizzzy`
Hmm, really? Interesting. I don't eat beans.

Beans + beans + beans = Flatulence, apparently.
Need I say more.

lol :tongue: ! Good balance of protein and carbohydrates - good alternative for vegetarians. I'm not a bean fanatic but they're alright :biggrin:
Reply 1187
Seer
probs PPE @ york

Why didn't you go for PPE at Oxford then?
Seer
Well there aren't that many unis better than it are there? The are less than 10 in the same league, e.g. lse, ox, imp, harv, yale, princeton, mit, stanford, and choosing which one is the very best is near impossible. It is, undoubtedly a world class university and probably the best in europe.

Moreover, I intend to study philosophy+history there if I get a place, and there is no university better for studying these two subjects.

well i think that is a very sheltered view. You should prepare yourself for the fact that YOU MAY NOT GET IN. It doesn't mean the end of the world and you shouldn't put it on a pedestal. Why do YOU consider it one of the best?
Lucy
lol :tongue: ! Good balance of protein and carbohydrates - good alternative for vegetarians. I'm not a bean fanatic but they're alright :biggrin:

Didn't know that the humble bean would strike such a chord with this message board. Just trying to introduce some humour! Where is everyone goin for new years? Studying? Some light needle work?
Reply 1190
Tek
Why didn't you go for PPE at Oxford then?

Gah I'm so tired I can't think. I'd prefer Philosophy at Cambridge than PPE at Oxford; but I'd prefer PPE at any other uni than philosophy.
Reply 1191
munchie_rox
well i think that is a very sheltered view. You should prepare yourself for the fact that YOU MAY NOT GET IN. It doesn't mean the end of the world and you shouldn't put it on a pedestal. Why do YOU consider it one of the best?

How is it sheltered and have I said I'll get in? Since when do you have to affiliated with something to praise it?

Well, for philosophy, maybe because it invented the 20th century philosophical tradition?
Seer
How is it sheltered and have I said I'll get in? Since when do you have to affiliated with something to praise it?

Well, for philosophy, maybe because it invented the 20th century philosophical tradition?

I'm not for one moment suggesting you wldn't get in...(who would argue with an angry philosophical student?) Not me. Just trying to prove a point that it isn't the greatest uni, there are better ones out there for certain subjects! (man u studies, perfect example! :wink:)
Reply 1193
munchie_rox
I'm not for one moment suggesting you wldn't get in...(who would argue with an angry philosophical student?) Not me. Just trying to prove a point that it isn't the greatest uni, there are better ones out there for certain subjects! (man u studies, perfect example! :wink:)

For sure, e.g. harvard is better for business and economics. But for my subject it is the best :smile:
Reply 1194
Seer

My mother read Philosophy, you know.
Hey! Is this convo open to anyone? I was just wondering if anyone else's mum was more wound up about the letter than they are?! Mine's terrible- she keeps analysing the whole thing over and over again ('Well if they posted it on Christmas Eve like they did when so-n-so got in, then it should be here....etc, etc.) She's making me so scared! :rolleyes:

Joanna
Tek
My mother read Philosophy, you know.

no i didn't
Reply 1197
*Joanna*
Hey! Is this convo open to anyone? I was just wondering if anyone else's mum was more wound up about the letter than they are?! Mine's terrible- she keeps analysing the whole thing over and over again ('Well if they posted it on Christmas Eve like they did when so-n-so got in, then it should be here....etc, etc.) She's making me so scared! :rolleyes:

Joanna

Welcome to the thread :smile:

Is your mother a Cambridge graduate, and hence has placed pressure on you? Or is she thrilled that someone in the family is trying for entry? Or neither...?
*Joanna*

Joanna

Tell her to shut her mouth.
Reply 1199
munchie_rox
Tell her to shut her mouth.

Here's an idea: you shut your mouth!

Latest

Trending

Trending