The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Lucy

Good luck to the rest of you (especially theone & lizzy who are particularly nervous *fingers crossed* :wink: )!

Not helped by being last on the postman's rounds i've got to say :smile:
fred86
she signed mine - i got pooled

Good luck with the pool, hopefully I'll see you there next year. Terms and conditions apply, i.e. I get my A in Computing. :mad:
Minta
Got an offer this morning from New Hall for Anglo Saxon, Norse and Celtic!!!! :smile:

Congrats! Woah can you speak them all? Impressive.
Reply 1383
Mentally Ill
Well done to all those with offers. Commiserations to those without.

I am still waiting....

Lizzy have you heard yet?

Hi MI,

Just realised I'm still logged in here! Okay, not good news.

a) College? Clare
b) Subject? Medicine
c) NAY
d) I don't know.
f) Numb, not happy, but will move on...:smile: I like the quote just posted...Not all roads lead to Rome, some of them lead to better places than Rome.

Can I use it as my signature, Camford?:wink:
Reply 1384
lucerna
NCLS=North london collegiate? If so, I know your school quite well; we're always playing you at hockey/badminton :wink: Not hockey this season so far; but we probably lost at badminton heh (i'm 1/2 of our first couple). Hmm I bet I knew Charlie...borwn curly hair and a surname durrell loveday perchance? Well lucky guess, if so... Setting curtains on fire, eh? Sounds much more interesting than here. I think someone set the lab on fire once, but that was about it :P

Congrats for Oxford, that's excellent :biggrin: I applied to do bio natsci at emmanuel (mucho oversubscription apparently..sigh) *crosses fingers*

Yes, I think that's Charlie!

Anyway, good luck for today :biggrin: !
Reply 1385
Camford
Good luck with the pool, hopefully I'll see you there next year. Terms and conditions apply, i.e. I get my A in Computing. :mad:

yeh lol, wanted pembroke tho, nevermind :frown: hope i don't get another int!
Hey btw. What time is it in the UK and when did your post come? I wonder how many people are celebrating now.
lizzzy`
Hi MI,

a) College? Clare
b) Subject? Medicine
c) NAY
d) I don't know.
f) Numb, not happy, but will move on...:smile: I like the quote just posted...Not all roads lead to Rome, some of them lead to better places than Rome.

Hey *hugs*.. I like the Rome quote too and I'll bear that in mind when my letter comes. Take care and Enjoy the New Year!
I hate to add any more to the hysteria (I recognise this is all ridiculous so please don't yell at me :frown:). Has anybody else noticed this feeling being remarkably similar to when someone dies?
lizzzy`
Hi MI,

a) College? Clare
b) Subject? Medicine
c) NAY
d) I don't know.

Lizzzy I am really sorry to hear that :frown:
Reply 1390
lilsunflower
Hey btw. What time is it in the UK and when did your post come? I wonder how many people are celebrating now.

It's 10:20 now, the post came at around 9
lilsunflower
Hey.. you sound like a really strong candidate and I'm reallys orry you didn't get in. At least I'm also prepared to get rejected because I'm no way as good as you. How did your interviews go? And don't worry about it.. Bristol is also extremely reputable. I'll be off to NOttingham when my rejection comes.

It's not unheard of that some strong candidates get rejected. So, on the bright side, some weaker candidates will get offers. I only started to believe I got the offer when a fellow Oxford Physics candidate, a friend of mine, got an offer from Keble some 7/8 days ago.
Reply 1392
Lucy
Congrats everyone :biggrin: ! al - very well done, knew you would pull through - EE :eek: ?! gobsmacked :tongue: !

Good luck to the rest of you (especially theone & lizzy who are particularly nervous *fingers crossed* :wink: )!

What can I say :frown:
Reply 1393
Aww lizzy - I'm sure you'll be a fantastic doctor wherever you end up - all your other choices and faboo anyway :biggrin: Good luck for the rest of your choices :smile: !
Reply 1394
Mentally Ill
Lizzzy I am really sorry to hear that :frown:

Good luck for yours, okay? :smile: *smile*
Reply 1395
Lucy
Aww lizzy - I'm sure you'll be a fantastic doctor wherever you end up - all your other choices and faboo anyway :biggrin: Good luck for the rest of your choices :smile: !

Thanks Luce :smile: *consoles self* Maybe I'm better off with an integrated course!heh. sigh.
lizzzy`
Hi MI,

...Not all roads lead to Rome, some of them lead to better places than Rome.

Sure, do what ever you like with it.

Glimmer of hope, my brain is still functioning.
lizzzy`
Good luck for yours, okay? :smile: *smile*

Thanks, all though I probably wont take my rejection as well as you :frown:

You'll make a great med student wherever you end up studying!

I cant beleive my post hasnt come yet. it normally gets here by 830, so I can assume i aint finding out till next year..........
Reply 1398
Mentally Ill
Thanks, all though I probably wont take my rejection as well as you :frown:

You'll make a great med student wherever you end up studying!

I cant beleive my post hasnt come yet. it normally gets here by 830, so I can assume i aint finding out till next year..........

Maybe it will turn up by noon, optimistically!
My rejection was signed by the college's admissions tutor. Hmm.
Camford
It's not unheard of that some strong candidates get rejected. So, on the bright side, some weaker candidates will get offers. I only started to believe I got the offer when a fellow Oxford Physics candidate, a friend of mine, got an offer from Keble some 7/8 days ago.

Yeh I'm one of those weaker candidates... 6 good As 3 100%s and the rest above 90 but extremely bad interviews - I sounded stupid and uneducated. I guess it's also coz' of being educated in this part of the world. I'm in this pit of 300,000 people, no proper broadsheet newspapers.... repressive censorship.. no one who's ever been to Oxbridge in this entire country's history.... people living off oil as if it were food. I don't have all those achievements like you guys with AEAs and Duke of Edinburgh! I only have the grades, and other irrelevant things like being Head Girl and a member of the ICJ in international model united nations meetings... *sigh*.. it's quite depressing!! ANd to think I even bothered to try.... It was all wishful thinking. Now I just want to know the result and resign myself to my fate.

Latest

Trending

Trending