The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hope this helps. Its from a really good website

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10559/tampons.
I think the mooncup, as mentioned before, sounds like theideal solution. I've never used one butI know people do really like them. I don't know whether they're more difficult to use if you're a virgin though [that's a complete assumption, but given your background?] but you can have the same issues with tampons so...
With mooncups there is no evidence basically. You just wash the blood out and reinsert. When you're not on you could just hide it - it'snot very big. She'd never have to know - unless she would notice the lack of used sanitarty towels etc?
It's not haram in Islam. As far as i'm aware the most it is is Makroo. Tell your mother that...unless Islam isn't the issue and culture is?
Reply 23
That is ridiculous I have friends who are practicing Muslims and they laughed when I asked them this question. This question on this thread looks like another Muslim hate propaganda which I am kinda getting sick off.

What utter lies and stupidity
Reply 24
cpj1987
Could you use a Mooncup, OP?

I don't know what it is about Islam that forbids the use of tampons, but Mooncups don't need to be disposed of (they're re-usable), and they're absolutely brilliant. You could easily hide one.

Although it would be hard to wash it properly discretely as you need to boil it.
Anonymous
Pedophilia that Islam today says should be punished by death.

just cause he married her doesnt mean they had sex
Blue Rose Bowl
So your religion doesn't let you use tampons

It does allow the use of tampons.
But I partially agree with your post- OP do this.
Reply 27
The best thing you could possibly do in this situation is renounce Islam and be ostracised from your family. You shouldn't have to put up with anyone's medieval bullsh*t, however closely related to you they are.
Tell your mother she needs to get with the real world. Just keep using them, it's your body not hers!
Reply 29
Flicker
Although it would be hard to wash it properly discretely as you need to boil it.

Now, I've never boiled mine (just clean it very thoroughly with soap and water) and see no reason to. Though I see why many people do, I'm sure the OP could find the time once a month to boil the cup discreetly if she wished. Maybe not, though. :dontknow:
Its not Islam - I consider myself to be pretty religious and I use them!

My mum wasn't happy at first but thats more to do with the horror stories she heard so she too tried to blame it on religion.

Try talking to your mum explaining theres no Quranic evidence against it, sideeffects are very limited, and how uncomfortable it is not to use it. Islam is not complicated, Muslims make it complicated! Even the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) has said to always take the easier option!

But if your mum still doesnt want you to - go with the pads. At the end of the day, shes your mum. And though she might be wrong, Allah will bless you for listening to her.

Course I'm not a scholar, so if you hear anything different from someone with more knowledge, listen to them! :smile:

Hope I helped xx
Reply 31
Wardy23
The best thing you could possibly do in this situation is renounce Islam and be ostracised from your family. You shouldn't have to put up with anyone's medieval bullsh*t, however closely related to you they are.

yeah and we all know from the posters in this thread that tampons are allowed in Islam, so stop giving useless opinions.

The OP also acknowledges this.
That's ridiculous. What's the reason for tampons not being allowed in your vagina? It's not like they cause pleasure or anything. Just use them anyway.
Reply 33
Freak her out and suggest going on the pill (that stops periods altogether) instead. Tampons won't seem like a problem after that :wink:
Reply 34
cpj1987
Now, I've never boiled mine (just clean it very thoroughly with soap and water) and see no reason to. Though I see why many people do, I'm sure the OP could find the time once a month to boil the cup discreetly if she wished. Maybe not, though. :dontknow:

You need to disinfect it properly or risk getting infections... Maybe I'm just particularly sensitive but my bits wouldn't be happy having something washed in soap popped up there! I had mine at uni and found it hard/uncomfortable to boil it in a student house - just worried someone would come in!
Reply 35
MJlover

yeah and we all know from the posters in this thread that tampons are allowed in Islam, so stop giving useless opinions.

The OP also acknowledges this.

That's not the point. Her mum is trying to use a religion to force her to do something. Whether it is an official part of the religion is irrelevant. The fact is it's affecting her in a negative way and Islam is being used as an excuse for it.
Tampons should NEVER be flushed down the loo anyway :eyeball:

Take a little bag, stick your tampon in there, then put the bag in a public bin if you're really scared your mum will find it. If you don't think it's against your religion to use them, then what's the problem exactly? Mums aren't always right
xmarilynx
How about going on the injection or a contraceptive pill, which would stop your period altogether? No idea if Islam permits this or not, but it's just an idea

Your periods don't stop if you go on the pill, unless you take it continuously which I can't imagine is good for your health. You have to have a break from it every 7 days to have a period.
Reply 38
Lazuliblue
Your periods don't stop if you go on the pill, unless you take it continuously which I can't imagine is good for your health. You have to have a break from it every 7 days to have a period.

Every 7 days? Wow, i'm a guy and I'll still know that is full of ****.

You can run at least 3 packs of pills. That means 1 week of periods every 3 months.

Educate yourself.
Lazuliblue

There is more than one type of contraceptive pill, and some do stop your periods altogether. And you certainly don't have one period per week, whichever pill you're on :hmmm:

Latest